• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Huge production involving GPO

Huge production involving GPO

Hey all,

I've been away for a while finishing up my latest, most ambitious project ever:

The Church Basement - Secret Passage To Dracula's Castle

Who here has played Castlevania games? I've been inspired by Castlevania music over the years, and with this piece I did my best to imitate the style. The flute, oboe, Eng. horn, high violins, and pipe organ are GPO; the rest is Reason and my voice. All tied together with Digital Performer, as always. Have fun!

Re: Huge production involving GPO

Really enjoyable listen. You certainly captured the style in your piece and the vocal part just knocked me out! Man, that was so cool the way you did that. A great effort. Your orchestration and sampling chops are to be admired. Thanks for sharing.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

This genre isn't my usual "cup of tea" but I like this! You show a lot of imagination and creativity. I especially liked your 'monastery-like' vocal chant.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander

I like the way that you blended the "acoustic" and "electronic" sounds.

Chris that is so cool!
    and dp too

Thumbs up Re: Huge production involving GPO

Chris that is very cool!
    It is really great!!!
    Best of luck with this piece,

Thanks for the listen, everyone!

Rob, I really liked your piece "I Still Do" from a while back.

The best thing about building a portfolio is that I get to share the results here on this forum!

Hey Chris, that's so cool... I'd give anything to be able to write in that style -- not one I have much experience in, and it reminds me of some of the really great stuff that Emerson, Lake and Palmer (and sometimes, "Yes," if you remember that group) were trying to do in the late seventies... some of that music was amazing.

By the way, had you continued the Dies Irae chant, the very next words are "tuba mirum spargens sonum" (the trumpet flings it sound) which might give great ideas for a sudden brass cue (which is what Berlioz and Mozart did with it, of course).

Anyway, great work! You obviously really know your way around your gear as well.
    Steve Main

Awesome! This song sounds so good to me - great mood. Your "very personal choir" is a really great work - outstanding work! Can you tell me how many voices you've had recorded for the choir? Great, great, great...!

Wine Country, Colorado

I found this very enjoyable and extremely well written/mixed even though my tastes don't normally lean this way. Good work, lontas.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast