a couple days ago i wrote that GS3 is NOT AMD X2 DC compat.
this is not true anymore i have no idea what went wrong in my older test configuration but its working well now!
can anyone with a AMD 64 3500 please test this:
load in all 3 giga/megapianos with no convolution reverb (so that no convolution rev. is loaded) then prepare one track that plays 200 voices and copy it on the next 2 midi channels. now gs should playback 600 voices. what is you cpu meter in win task manager showing are you getting voice hickups?
on the AMD X2 system i am testing right now, i have the latency set at 1.5 ms and while playing back 660 voices the cpu meter shows about 55% and both cores are showing activity, but only the 2. is high (lets say 70%) and the 1. is at about 10%). now when i load in a conv. reverb the first core is getting more active so it seems that the playback section is using core 2 and gigapulse core 1. so that tells me gigastudio is not really multithreaded but it splits the playback section on core 2 and gigapulse on core 1. after about 700 voices i got hickups (i have a raptor in raid 0 which gives me 120mb on this pc, this should playback more voices), after i switched gs to running only on 1 core the hickup are gone.
then i switched cubase to tun only on core one and loaded some vsti´s which are running perfect along with gs3 on core2.
so, thats nice i would say.