• Register
  • Help

Topic: please check this out

please check this out

first of all, i know that this is the place where the most gifted ears regularly check in, so this is why i am posting here. (sorry if it is a bit OT)

i just wanted to know your opinion on the singing on this song:

in rapidshare, you need to scroll down, put "free" and then scroll down again and wait a couple of seconds and then download.

any comments appreciated. please be brutally honest

thanx in advance.

Re: please check this out

Sounds like something out of Rocky Horror!

The vocal is streched, shouty, and comes across quite strained and 'thin' at times.

I think some vocal training would benefit you, as you are hitting the right notes - there is nothing really wrong with the pitch - but the timbre and tonality of your voice could, and can be improved.

Sorry if this sounds overly critical - but you are in tune, and in time. You just need to work on using your diaphragm rather than throat a bit more.

i really appreciate it

The second time on these forums that I've posted potentially offensive critisicm, only to be met with gratitude and politeness! I appreciate that you took my comments in good faith - just work on the breathing/singing technique and mixing. Oh - and post the mark II version here when you've finished for everyone to hear!

Go Back to forum