• Register
  • Help

Topic: English Horn Concertino Second Movement

English Horn Concertino Second Movement

Hi Everyone

I've completed the second movement of my little Concertino for English Horn. I was completely overwhelmed by the response to the first movement, and I hope that you will like the second movement . It is a Pastorale in the form of a Siciliano in slow 6/8. Because the first movement is in good old C major, I had to replace the customary Pastoral key of F major, with a minor.

I also did a remix of the first movement, after considering all the comments from the previous thread. I will post both links here.

First Movement:

Second Movement:

Thanks for listening.

Kind Regards

Thumbs up Re: English Horn Concertino Second Movement

WOW Luis,
    great composition!!!!
    I really enjoy it!! Great theme melody, and harmony.
    I love the sound of this horn.
    YOu did also a great job with orchestration. GPO sounds very nice.
    You have a great talent as a composer, man!!!
    Keep up the great works.

Wine Country, Colorado

Re: English Horn Concertino Second Movement

Another splendid piece!! I listened to the revised first movement and the balance between orchestra and soloist are dead on. Wow! The second movement is not only superb but a perfect transition from the first. The melodies are hauntingly beautiful. I don't want to start a war with Larry but the timpani made perfect sense. I hope you give us a rousing Presto for the Finale. Thanks for this wonderful work.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Re: English Horn Concertino Second Movement

Thanks for the comments. The timps were somewhat of a problem for me too. After thinking about it for a long time, I finally decided on the two of three spots where they currently play. I'm no expert on Timpani, but I think if played delicately, they make for good effect.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen.

Kind Regards

PS: I have some rough scores of these two movements, in case anyone wanted to follow them.

Go Back to forum