• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question on which synth choir I should get

Question on which synth choir I should get

Hey all, a little while back I posted a question about the EastWest Quantum Leap Symph. Choir, which I gather may not be as user-friendly as I'd have hoped, judging from their user-forum (it's also way expensive). Anyway, if I don't get that, is there a particular choir package I should get? What about the choral sounds on the Colossus package, also put out by EastWest? That way I'd get some other instruments as well.

At this point I'm willing to settle for just a choir that does the usual oohs and aahs, but I'd like for it to be easy to set up as SATB, not be either men's choir vs. women's (a bizarre setup that some packages seem to offer).

Any thoughts?
    Steve Main

Re: Question on which synth choir I should get

Symphony of Voices from Spectrasonics is pretty popular around here. Cost is around $500, I think.

Extended Classical Choir is a bargain right now at Sounds Online, where it's available for $125 (regular price is $250.)
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Re: Question on which synth choir I should get

I give my thumbs up for Peter Siedlaczek's Extended Classical Choir. I only have the old version which is less (smaller) samples but it sounds so organic and lively. I have SOV too, but I mostly use Classical Choir. It has a bigger sound, even though the choir is smaller (Classical Choir is 70, SOV 80), but that is probably why it has a bit more edge to it. SOV is pretty mellow sounding and does not suit my music too good for that reason. SOV has some other cool stuff like the boyschoir.

As another option, you could buy the Miroslav Philharmonik which does include the previously $1000 Miroslav-choirs. It is mellow sounding but not as mellow as SOV. You'll also get everything else from the Vitous libraries (the entire Vitous Orchestral samples). Pre-order it now before it is shipping and you can get it for only $319* as opposed to $599, which is the retail price. I think it will be shipping by the end of next week.

*Only from www.esoundz.com if you are a registrated GPO- or Sampletank-user.

Go Back to forum