• Register
  • Help

Topic: windows xp

Share/Bookmark

windows xp

Can i run Gigastudio using windows XP?

Re: windows xp

No, not currently. An XP update is promised in November...

This is also true for Win2K? I have been sitting here with my new copy of Gigastudio 96 for two weeks salivating.

GigaStudio only works on Win95/98/Me. It does NOT currently work on Win 2000 or Win XP. Nemesys said they are working on a Win XP version.

Just a couple more weeks and the XP compatible version will be released.
    By the way, BlindOwl, does your name come from the novel written by Sadegh Hedayat? I love that book!

Interesting. I thought I had come up with a unique name back in 1988 when I started my project studio. I guess its hard to be completely original considering the breadth of humanity.

The author of Blind Owl attempted suicide twice. The second time he used gas and was successful.
    Hope your projectstudio will not follow his example .
    The novel Blind Owl is excellent though.

Does anybody know which version of windows xp or Windows 2000 will be better (most efficient) for use with Gigastudio?

I am about to buy a PC for the sole purpose of running Gigastudio 96. As I understand it, I would benefit from not having to much unnecessary stuff in my operating system. True?

------------------
    Malo

Windows 2000 will not work with GigaStudio. As of now, we don\'t know when XP will work with Gigastudio either.

I would guess that you don\'t need anything more than XP Home. XP Professional has extra features related to supporting multiple processors and other business related stuff, but I would guess that Gigastudio doesn\'t need any of that. So unless you have a dual-processor machine you are probably fine with XP Home. That is, if Tascam does actually release a version that works with XP.

Go Back to forum