• Register
  • Help

Topic: U[grading 24/96 Sound Card - suggestions?

Upgrading 24/96 Sound Card - suggestions?

Hi gang - me again - I'm so excited about the coming GPO I'm thinking about trying to get a better sound.

I've really been trying to read all the threads and reviews and getting a bit bug eyed. Was going to really upgrade my card (Audiophile 24.96) and Audiobuddy but just don't have the bucks to do what would really be a good jump - but...if I could just upgrade to a card with better preamps than the Audiobuddy then I might make a boost in the sound. I can go around $400 which puts me in the:

Presonus Firefox
    M-Audiophile 192 (would it be much of a better sound - balanced lines and all?)
    E-Mu 1820

I welcome any input - want to start a new project when GPO gets in.

Re: U[grading 24/96 Sound Card - suggestions?

I've been just reading some fabulous reviews of the Presonus Firepod, and of the company in general. I don't think you could go wrong with the Firebox, though I haven't seen as many reviews of it. It looks like the same hardware, but fewer inputs. Sound on Sound did review it, and gave it a thumbs up.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Re: U[grading 24/96 Sound Card - suggestions?

if you're going to opt for any of the Emu cards get one with the "m" suffix the AD/DA converters are much better.

mick ó c

Go Back to forum