• Register
  • Help

Topic: Missing note

Share/Bookmark

Missing note

This is my first time visiting the GPO Forum. I hope someone can help with my problem, which is one note of the solo viola which will not sound. It's the E-flat above the staff (viola clef). I thought at first it might be a range thing, but notes above it still sound. Just that one is silent.
    This may have been addressed 1000 times, so please forgive me. What causes this problem and, more importantly, how do I correct it?
    Thanks very much,

Paul Gibson

Re: Missing note

works for me. did you apply the updates?
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

Perhaps there is a gap in the velocity mapping. If you're using a sequencing host, take a look at the event view and change the velocity of the note.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

If you're working in Overture, highlight the note in "score view" and then switch to the graphic window to see how long the note "really" is. I've had a few times where I will enter, say a half-note, in the score and it will get shortened to something more like a sixty-fourth in the graphic window (while still appearing as a half-note in the score).

This is NOT a consistent problem in Overrure and seems to occur when I've done a lot of cut and paste.

;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Paul,

I just took a look at the programming for that instrument and everything looks fine (and plays fine.) Just to clarify: There are no velocity splits present in this instrument. This is an "Expressive" instrument that uses velocity only for attack strength. My guess is the same as SouthportJim: A "note off" problem somewhere (assuming that you aren't overloading your computer and running out of polyphony - you don't mention the context.) It helps to have a MIDI keyboard to test these situations.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by pfgibson
    This is my first time visiting the GPO Forum. I hope someone can help with my problem, which is one note of the solo viola which will not sound. It's the E-flat above the staff (viola clef). I thought at first it might be a range thing, but notes above it still sound. Just that one is silent.
    This may have been addressed 1000 times, so please forgive me. What causes this problem and, more importantly, how do I correct it?
    Thanks very much,

Paul Gibson
    It is not clear to me if this happens every time that note appears, if it happens in any score which requires it. When you have the GPO player on screen, can you click on it with the mouse and hear the note? What happens when you switch to treble clef and try the note (if you have that option)?

I have experienced a similar problem in Sonar, but it has always been because the note in question has a velocity of 0, or perhaps 1 or 2.

Richard

Go Back to forum