• Register
  • Help

Topic: Two Final Fantasy remixes..

Two Final Fantasy remixes..

I was just browsing through some of my projects and I remembered these. I'm a big fan of video game music, and RPGs, so over the last half year or so I created these two arrangements which I then submitted to OverClocked ReMix (www.ocremix.org) which has lots like them. There must be some Final Fantasy 6 fans out there, right?

The first one is "Shadows Among the Ruins". It's a remix of 'The Day After' which played in some towns in the second half of the game.

The second one is "A Nightmare Before Kefka", which is an Elfman-influenced remix of Kefka's Theme.

Enjoy! Any feedback appreciated.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Re: Two Final Fantasy remixes..

Very Nice Andrew. I like that you take what is, to me, one of the more unassuming (though melodically pleasing) FF6 pieces in "The Day After" and really make it into a cool little sequence of acoustic and electronic goodness. Very cool.

And the Kekfa arrangment is definitely inspired. Always great to hear some of your favorite themes realized with more modern samples/voices (and I mean no disrespect to the original OSV sound program, because that was definitely cool especially for early 90s game audio).

Two nice sequences. Now if we can just get Square to remake the game for PS3 in full 3-D and throw in the Kefka piece for one of those fights (hmmmm....I could see it going great with the whole sequence where you fight him in a snowy area about mid-way through the game....was it near Narsh? It's been a few years now....).

Re: Two Final Fantasy remixes..

Yeah, it was Narshe alright. Zircon, your remix of 'The Day After' has taken a piece that I was less fond of and really added new life to it. Now, no track on the FFVI OST was a poor track, this was just one of the ones I was unlikely to choose to listen to outside the game. But this remix... good stuff Zircon, good stuff.

Go Back to forum