1. is it good on my ASUS CUSL-2 Motherboard?
2. can I use ONE HARD DISK ONLY on the fasttrack? (I know that raid needs 2 hard disks, but shall it work with 1 hd only-no raid?)
3. does gigastudio have problems with RAID?
4. am I going to experience better performances in gigastudio if I plug my IBM UATA100 60gxp hd on the controller instead rather than on the motherboard?
5. ami I going to experience better performances in gigastudio if I use RAID 0?
6. what about gigastudio and RAID 1?
7. what about gigastudio and RAID 0+1?
thanks for understanding I\'m an absolute RAID beginner..if you have any TWEAK or TIP for optimizing RAID performances to its best please tell me
I\'m going to use this setup, but do you recommend changing it?
primary controller master on motherboard: IBM DESKSTAR 30Gb with windows and gigastudio
primary controller slave on motherboard: cd rom
primary controller on fasttrack: IBM 60gxp with gigastudio instrument files.
I run a raid setup on the same Motherboard you do..
I run 3 seagate ata100 7200 30gig drives off of it.
2 of em off the the raid PCI, Raid 0
So when this was setup windoze see\'s the 2 drives as 1 big one.. (60 gig).
For my raid card both drives should be identical for best performance.
I didn\'t set mine up it was done for me..
I had scsi 80 meg before.. This setup kills that hands down for latency etc.
I\'ve been going since July with this system and it\'s been rock solid. I do push the 160 poly without any weirdness..
I run win 98se with a 1gig p3 with 512 ram..
I have a burner and a dvd drive too.
I don\'t know the nuts and bolts of the setup but I like.. I like alot...
Abit KT7A Raid with 2 IBM Deskstar 60 GB (Raid 0), Sandra Drive Index is 49k.
Had some problems with clicks and pops, after i set bios option \"pci master bus time-out\" to 1, all of them where gone. To get a higher read cache i modified my settings with cacheman. Now i go up to 160 poly, no problems at all.