• Register
  • Help

Topic: 1280 Voice Polyphony!!!

Share/Bookmark

1280 Voice Polyphony!!!

I have recently seen a post by soundchaser.
    Their NC studio system claims to support Dual CPU and get up to 1280 Voice Polyphony. I am not sure how this benefits Gigastudio, as we only get Gigastudio 160. I am looking at building a dual CPU system. Does anyone know about a high-end Motherboard for Dual CPU Set up? Can anyone expand on the 1280 Voice Polyphony for GIGA?

Its dark in here. Anyone share some light on the matter?

Caveman

Re: 1280 Voice Polyphony!!!

I would guess that what they mean by “multi-CPU’ is up to 8 systems racked together, controlled with a switch by one keyboard, mouse, monitor.

Of course, if you have one shipped to me, I’d be happy to give you a full report!

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 11-14-2001).]

me too

First, use an Intel base system, and not a Athlon MP system due to it\'s stability. TYAN (TIGER) motherboards are great. Make sure the MB has a RAID config on board and use it. Last, look at programs that can multithread like SONAR and lets hope that GIGA 2.5 will support MT as well and you should have a good start. Paul OH! WIN XP PRO is a must!

Tyan press relase

Thunder GC-HE - S4520 Coming Soon!

The most powerful platform in our history, Tyan\'s Thunder GC-HE utilizes the ServerWorks Grand Champion HE chipset and four Intel Xeon Processors to provide unprecedented performance for your server platforms. Features such as multiple PCI-X busses, on-board SCSI and LAN connectivity, and optional IPMI server management make the Thunder GC-HE a formidable player in the highly competitive performance server market.

Hello from Soundchaser,
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. We are reffering to multiple GigaDaw TK\'s when we advertise more than 160 voices! We do have clients, who are realizing this polyphony count!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikeymuzak:
    Hello from Soundchaser,
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. We are reffering to multiple GigaDaw TK\'s when we advertise more than 160 voices! We do have clients, who are realizing this polyphony count!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello:
    I am very interested in achiving more than 160 voices myself, I am currently using a pc that I built myself and am getting Round 160 voices with no problem, but I would really like to take this to the next level, how would I go about doing this? Multiple giga pc\'s?
    Any help is appreciated.
    THANKS!

> Multiple giga pc\'s?

Yep.

Go Back to forum