• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sounds from Afghanistan

Sounds from Afghanistan

I've been in touch with this filmmaker who is going to Afghanistan to record a film featuring fishing in Afghanistan. I've done music for films previously but never anyone with a foreign ethnical content like this one...

What I need is some samples of Afghani instruments or some sounds remnicent of Afghanistan to create the right vibe. Iäve done some research on the instruments used there and I came up with the following list:

Could there be any sample discs containing any of these sounds? Is anyone familiar with the type of music the have in Afghanistan?

What I intend to do is a score which has modern sounds mixed with elements from Afghanistan, I just find it difficult to find these elements.

Could anyone help me out?

Winsted, CT

Re: Sounds from Afghanistan

Many of those sound like Indian Instruments, so you could check out something like Deepest India.

Re: Sounds from Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by neoTypic
    I'm a horrible, horrible person, but the first thing I thought of when I saw the subject was a library full of recorded explosions.
    I envisioned the sound of freedom from tyranny. Seriously, I think that Quantum Leap's RA may have what you are looking for.
    "I would rather compose than decompose."

Sean C. Dockery

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Go Back to forum