• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: What's supposed to happen on Monday?

Share/Bookmark

What's supposed to happen on Monday?

Read a post by Joseph Burrell advising that something BIG will happen today, Monday, August 29. Thought it might have been related to the release of Overture 4. Anyone know what the surprise is?

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Re: What's supposed to happen on Monday?

Beats the H E double hockey sticks out of me!
    Styxx

It was going to be the release of Overture 4, but due to computer problems (Murphy's Law) its going to be tomorrow. So much for planning things.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    It was going to be the release of Overture 4, but due to computer problems (Murphy's Law) its going to be tomorrow. So much for planning things.
    Thanks, Joseph. We'll be patient until it finally arrives.........

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

TODAY I FINALLY GOT TO PLAY A REAL PIPE ORGAN!!!

Such a great experience!!!

It had...like...over 70 stops dude!!

It was SOOOO COOL!!!!

The sound was so magnificant probably even GARY heard me playing when I pulled out all the stops!!

So that's what happened today.

-Chris

Talking Re: What's supposed to happen on Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    TODAY I FINALLY GOT TO PLAY A REAL PIPE ORGAN!!! I donated mine yesterday.

Such a great experience!!! Like having your first back seat drive in experience.

It had...like...over 70 stops dude!! As many on the way to work.

It was SOOOO COOL!!!!

The sound was so magnificant probably even GARY heard me playing when I pulled out all the stops!! Hard to believe ...

So that's what happened today. More than what happened for me!

-Chris
    Chris, I know a music teacher that is selling an organ. I haven't seen it yet but she said it is a hammond B3.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Chris, I know a music teacher that is selling an organ. I haven't seen it yet but she said it is a hammond B3.
    What's that?

OK, OK. Laugh at me. I know what a hammond organ is. It's one of those gospel ones, right? I play a hammond at my church. Not sure of the model although I think it's a concert series, because it's a whole organ with the pedals and everything. It has a really nice sound. But I don't know what the B3 means.

But that pipe organ was AWESOME!!!!!

Cool Re: What's supposed to happen on Monday?

What's that?

OK, OK. Laugh at me. I know what a hammond organ is. It's one of those gospel ones, right? I play a hammond at my church. Not sure of the model although I think it's a concert series, because it's a whole organ with the pedals and everything. It has a really nice sound. But I don't know what the B3 means.

Cptexas, where is this organ located? And is there any pictures out there?
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

I've been to a church that had a big fancy pipe organ . . . but it wasn't real, it was just decoration.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

What's that?

Well, the Hammond can be interesting for some uses, and is good when a real pipe organ is out of the question. But I think that now that you have had your hands (and feet) on a real pipe organ, you will never again be satisfied with a Hammond! The Hammond B3 is a popular model, but I can't recall anything specific about it. All Hammonds that I have ever played had a short pedal keyboard, with non-standard spacing; not fanned out. Very difficult to play it wearing G.I. boots!

The Hammond is a great jazz/pop instrument. I have heard some fantastic performances on it; one in San Francisco, and the other in Berchtesgaden. Neither were public affairs, so no one can rave about it except a very few people, and I have forgotten the name of one of the organists.

I had some trouble with the Hammond because the keys were so light and response was so fast.

For a short time, I had a Baldwin electronic organ, very massive. I had to keep it in my shop. Too big for the house. What a really want is a top of the line Allen, and somebody else to pay for it!

Richard

Go Back to forum