I've been struggling with my Audigy soundcard for the last 12 months - mainly latency problems and an ASIO driver that never seemed right.
I put it down to the often stated inadequacy of Soundblaster products for "pro" audio.
Having spent a fair amount of time researching new soundcards, I thought that I may as well see if there was a driver update for the Audigy [if it all went wrong I wouldn't be any worse off because I was already planning a new purchase].
Well, I found an update, installed it and my system is suddenly working nicely! - HURRAH. So far I've got latency down to 20ms using ASIO - down from 50ms using WDM - and everythings so much more tighter and accurate.
I am so happy, I just had to share this with you all.