• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't find PersonalOrchestraVST?

Share/Bookmark

Can't find PersonalOrchestraVST?

Hi folks - people tell me to go to the Insert/DXI and open up PersonalOrchestraVST but I just can't find it - what am I missing?

Thanks again

Re: Can't find PersonalOrchestraVST?

Quote Originally Posted by AVBunyan
    Hi folks - people tell me to go to the Insert/DXI and open up PersonalOrchestraVST but I just can't find it - what am I missing?

Thanks again
    AVBunyan,

What sequencer are you using? DXi instruments and VSTi instruments are different. Make sure the
    PersonalOrchestraVST is located in your VST folder.

Gary

If I remember correctly, you are using Sonar. You would have to run the VST Wrapper utility that comes with Sonar in order to have it recognize GPO as a VST instrument. When you installed GPO, you were asked if you wanted to install the VST, dxi or both (can't remember if there are others). Do you recall seeing this option? What Cakewalk's VST Wrapper does is look for where these files are and adds links to them from within Sonar.

Try running the VST Wrapper first as it will look for VSTi's installed - if you still don't find they show up in Sonar, then I would suggest contacting Gary to find out how best to install them from your GPO disks.

Dont worry. We'll all do what we can to get you up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by AVBunyan

Thanks again
    Once you are sure the VST is installed, and enabled with the Cakewalk VST adapter, you will find it in Sonar by selecting the synth rack view.

Richard

Go Back to forum