• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS Screen frozen....Mysterious problem..

Share/Bookmark

GS Screen frozen....Mysterious problem..

I managed to install the GS 1.60 again after 2 days of headache. But i still can\'t run the program; The whole computer freezes including my mouse pointer. I also notice that in the system menu, the ENDLESS WAVE driver is missing. Could that be the problem? What GS driver do you normally see in the \'SOund, Video & Games Controllers\' header in the SYSTEM(device manager) menu?
    And by the way, i have emailed Nemesys tech support for help but i don\'t expect them to come back that soon; Meanwhile, can anybody help me in figuring out what\'s wrong and what could i do? I\'ve never had this problem before. I\'m using the Gina & Live card running on Pentium III450.
    Thank you..

Depressed and Sick,
    SoUlGuY

Re: GS Screen frozen....Mysterious problem..

I saw your earlier thread about going back to v1.52 and having trouble. So now I am wondering if your systems just has some mixed binaries of different versions. If you run the GSDiag utility (if you don\'t have it then give Dave or Sergio a call on the tech support line). This will create a log and show a list of two sets of binaries. The dates on these files should be identical, if not then we have mixed binaries.

Installing the v1.60 patch update should slam over new binaries, and get you back up and running.

Are you running with the new v5.0 Echo drivers? If so, please make sure that you turn off the DirectSound capabilities - see the documentation or look at one of the latest threads on the new Layla/Gina/Darla drivers.

As far as what you should see in the device manager property page, this shows you all the drivers for hardware. It has nothing to do with the GigaSampler, other than we are trying to talk to the audio card\'s driver. You should see something in their referring to your Echo hardware. If you are still having trouble, run the GSDiag and send us the log file. WE can determine for this if your system\'s audio hardware is up and running, and we should be able to help.

Joe (NemeSys)

CAn you give me your email address while i send you the results? Anyway, Is there any endless wave driver appearing in the system menu? That driver appears to be missing.
    I was recommended to remove all drivers installed in windows and trying out by trial and error. Strangely, I\'ve never had this problem before until now. I have yet to try this but this would require a lot of time reconfiguring applications.
    If it\'s possible, can you attach with your mail an Endless Wave Driver? I would like to reinstall that driver. I\'ve been trying to crack this problem for the last 2 days but so far i\'ve not succeeded.
    Hope to hear from you very soon..

I have sent the GS diagnostic file to sergio but so far there is no reply. I\'ve done virtually everything there is to do including running 1.60.

I would like to apologize if my comments on Tech support offended Nemesys. It\'s just that in my opinion Tech support isn\'t up to my expectation. I\'ve encoutered problem ordering the 1.52 patch some few months back and they never replied to me (after a few emails). so can you imagine my disappointment? I had to go to Soundchaser (where i bought the software) and asked them to contact Nemesys on behalf before i can get the patch program sent to my address.
    Anyway, my last resort is to format the hard disk and reinstall windows98 and all my programs (more than 100 programs) from scratch.
    Meanwhile, can i send the GS diagnostic file to you directly from here? and if so, how to do this?

I have sent the GS diagnostic file to sergio but so far there is no reply. I\'ve done virtually everything there is to do including running 1.60.

I would like to apologize if my comments on Tech support offended Nemesys. It\'s just that in my opinion Tech support isn\'t up to my expectation. I\'ve encoutered problem ordering the 1.52 patch some few months back and they never replied to me (after a few emails). so can you imagine my disappointment? I had to go to Soundchaser (where i bought the software) and asked them to contact Nemesys on behalf before i can get the patch program sent to my address.
    Anyway, my last resort is to format the hard disk and reinstall windows98 and all my programs (more than 100 programs) from scratch.
    Meanwhile, can i send the GS diagnostic file to you directly from here? and if so, how to do this?

Ok, I have personally looked back through all the emails sent to Serg and GSSupport@nemesysmusic.com. We were unable to
    find any emails with the handle \'SoUIGuy\'. If you would like to post your name then we can look up your info in our customer database, and give you a call or email you directly. Or if you want you can give us a call. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. I do not want to post my email address to this user forum. Thanks

Joe

I will go track down you diagnostics and get a reply to you by the end of the day.

The endless wave drivers get installed when you run the patch or the full installation. They do not show up in the system\'s Device manager. The only place you should see reference to them is when you open an midi sequencer, or maybe the midi mapper. When properly installed, there should be a \'Gigasampler/Endless Wave\' midi out device. This device is the input to our sampler.

Let me track down your diagnostics and see if we can solve it via tech support line.

Joe

my email is azlanah@hotmail.com and you can find me under the name of Azlan. I\'m from Malaysia and i don\'t think it would be practical to call over the phone.

Go Back to forum