• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Fantasia - by Steve Martin

Share/Bookmark

Fantasia - by Steve Martin

Steve Martin from down under has sent in his first major work: Fantasia.

Here is the link to his debut work:

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/sm-Fantasia.mp3

This work was done entirely in Siblius 3 using GPO Studio. Very well written, arranged with incedible attention to detail. Excellent piano work. It's amazing this work was entirely realized with notation.

Thanks Steve for sharing this work with us.

Gary Garritan

Re: Fantasia - by Steve Martin

Wow. just wow.

Wonderful!!

Very Rachmaninoff ' ish

… just the kind of music I would aspire to.

With a touch of Debussy perhaps?

Puts my efforts to shame. Modern and yet not so, it seems almost effortlessly composed.

Hi Steve

I'm speechless in awe ! This is so captivating and beautiful beyond any description. Congratulations!

Kind Regards

LouisD

My goodness!! What power!! Beautiful! Brilliant work, that piano just leaves me speechless.

Thank you for sharing your incredible talent. This is already one of my favorites.

What was that sudden pound at the end?
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Well detailed in piano's composing and arranging skills! Excellent Piano's timbre and bright mixing. Thanks for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    My goodness!! What power!! Beautiful! Brilliant work, that piano just leaves me speechless.

Thank you for sharing your incredible talent. This is already one of my favorites.

What was that sudden pound at the end?
    Yes, my apologies about that. I don't know what is doing that, but it's certainly not in the score I promise you!
    It started happening a while ago when I stopped the recording on the GPO studio - it just goes bang - so I have to wait a while before I stop it - I just hoped nobody would listen right to the cut off point of the recording
    I just have to work out how to stop this happening. I've thought of a way but I just have not had a chance to try it out yet.
    Glad all of you folks liked the Fantasia and thank you all for the appreciative comments. Thanks also to Terry Dwyer who listened to the original mp3 and suggested to me that I make the piano more prominent in some parts, rather than subservient as it originally was. His advice was very helpful in this regard. Thanks also to Gary who was very encouraging to me and whose positive remarks helped motivate me to finish the score.

Hi Steve:

A remarkable composition and good-sounding piano work. I really like to listen to your music. The theme is a great one also.

The piano part sounds difficult (I am a pianist) and full of a lot of runs and stuff. If you were paid by the note, you could afford a wonderful trip to the States to hear this in Carnegie Hall. (Just kidding).

I had to make the above remark as my piano music is also full of notes and one listener (after a live performance) said to me, "Jack, you could be a millionaire if you were paid by the number of notes in your playing." It broke me up and later on I was kind of shy about writing more piano music, but at the same time it helped me look at every note and see if I was just filling in for flair. Now, I write as many notes as I want to, but tend to justify every note I write. I shoulda punched that guy out creating a note phobia in my playing!

This is not a critique of your writing, but the piano part reminded me of this experience I had. I, too, tend to want the piano to be masteful and dominant.

Great work, Steve.
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

This is incredibly beautiful! The melodies and harmonies are rich and the development masterful. Well done.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast