New to the forum. Nice to see some folks from the Gearslutz forum over here as well.
Here is my situation.
I have had a fairly stable Giga Ensemble 3.1 setup. I would have an occasional crash, but certainly nothing frequent. Recently I bought the upgrade to o|Orchestra directly from Tascam. I loaded it, fine no problems, other than it would not completely load my performance files. That is, it will load the instruments, but not the mixer setup. A pop up informs me that the performance files are not compatible with the Gigastudio version I am running.
When I checked the version of Orchestra sent from Tascam, it was 3.0, so I thought that 3.1 downloaded from Tascam web site may solve the problem. I installed the 3.1 update and immediately went into a circuitous registation hell. The software requests continual reregistration.
I am mid project so I just uninstalled Orchestra 3.1, wiped it all clean and went back to Ensemble (had to call for a registration key when I did) and everything is OK again. I emailed the problem to support about a week ago with no response.
Wondered if anyone had the same experience and a possible solution. I'm OK with Ensemble but it would be nice to be using the extra features in Orchestra on this project (reverb, etc)