• Register
  • Help

Topic: LFO troubles with Atmosphere

LFO troubles with Atmosphere

I'm painfully new to synth, so please forgive my very beginner questions...

I found a patch I like, and I bound the LFO3 (with LFO sync enabled) to the filter. The result (at 120bpm in Sonar):

This is fine and dandy, but the problem is, while the tempo of the LFO is right, it's not ON the beat. So, reading up a bit, it turns out LFO1/2 begin fresh at a new note hit, while LFO3/4 are continuous. So I tried LFO1...and got THIS?:

Same settings as LFO3..but... it just makes one tiny sound. And oddly enough, I actually let up off the key and hit it again.. so in playback, it went "burp........burp." But when I did "Bounce to Track," all I got is one burp. I'm lost.

Anyone care to lend a helping hand? How can I get the pulsating to be ON the beat, and in sync?? Thanks..
    Sam Hulick

Re: LFO troubles with Atmosphere

While it might help to know exactly what patch you were trying to edit, I think the general answer is: you can't do that. I hope someone who tweaks this app more knows a way around, but what I don't see is a way to manipulate the phase angle of the LFO (the start time).

I was looking for something similar last week and wound up using something else entirely.
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

LFOs 1 & 2 retrigger every time you hit a note if I recall correctly (manual isn't in front of me) and LFOs 3 & 4 are free-running. However, using LFOs 3 & 4 still doesn't allow you to sync the start of the LFO waveform when you trigger a note - in other words, the LFO will sweep in tempo, but not from the start point of the LFO waveform as it is free-running continuously.

I've been frustrated with this too. My solution is to use filter from Antares. It's got some pad presets that allow me to get some cool sync'd LFO motion. But an atmosphere soultion would certainly be something I'd love to find!!

Go Back to forum