• Register
  • Help

Topic: question re: re-authorizing GPO/Kontakt/Logic (etc) after Mac drive wipe

Share/Bookmark

question re: re-authorizing GPO/Kontakt/Logic (etc) after Mac drive wipe

Hi all!
    I know this has been covered, but I want to absolutely make sure I'm doing this correctly before proceeding. I currently am using GPO and Kontakt on both my Mac and PC computer. I plan to shortly wipe my Mac OS X Panther hard drive and install a new copy of Tiger from scratch. Before doing this I want to make sure I've de-authorized whatever programs need de-authorization, etc. so I won't have any trouble after installation. I've heard that I need to go to the NI website and de-authorize; I also read however, that if I've got 2 copies of their products installed there might be a problem if I only de-authorize the FIRST computer I originally authorized on or something...My question is:
    what is the correct procedure for de-authorizing to achieve this Tiger upgrade? Should I temporarily de-authorize both computers and then re-authorize after doing the Mac Tiger upgrade? Or should I de-authorize only the Mac (the 1rst computer I originally installed GPO and Kontakt on?)

And for those Logic 7 users out there - I presume I simply re-insert my USB dongle into my Mac after the upgrade and all will be well?

Thanks for any help!
    - robjohn

Re: question re: re-authorizing GPO/Kontakt/Logic (etc) after Mac drive wipe

If you are not having problems with your current set up just a simple upgrade would be the easiest option. I have had no known issues since using this option. There really is no benefit to wiping a hard drive in OSX unless you are having issues. Here is Apple's info on it.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301270

I HAVE had some problems and would prefer to do a clean install of the operating system, as per a lot of recommendations I've read...
    - robjohn

robjohn,

You will need to deauthorize. Just to be on the safe side, contact Native Instruments to guide you through the correct procedure. You may contact Native Instruments at register@native-instruments.com or go to this link:
    http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?regsupp_us

Native Instruments has good registration support and usually a return time of one day or less during business days, so this should be the best way. You can also call 323-467-2693 in the US or +49-3061103520 in the EU.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum