• Register
  • Help

Topic: Shawn Clement Cues!

Orcas Island

Shawn Clement Cues!

Shawn Clement has just sent in some cues.

1440: http://www.garritan.com/mp3/clement-1440.mp3
    Bus: http://www.garritan.com/mp3/clement-bus.mp3

Shawn "mostly used a lot of GPO" as well as True Strike, Absynth and other libraries as well as custom sounds from his own collection. Shawn writes "I use a lot of layers when I write, for instance the cue 1440 was about 150 or so tracks".

150 tracks!!

For those who are not familiar with Shawn, he is a graduate of Berklee College of Music. His music can be heard on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Dawson's Creek", "The World's Most Amazing Videos "(NBC), and many other productions. Shawn received the prestigious ASCAP 2000 Film and Television Award for Most Played Underscore.

He has composed for PlayStation 2 games with titles from Disney Interactive, and he recently composed the soundtrack for one of the top-selling videogames: Batman Vengeance from Ubisoft. He also wrote the music for He has composed for:: 'A Rock and a Hard Place' (Showtime), 'One Way Out' (Arrow), 'Women' (Showtime), and 'The Savage Dragon' (an animated series for Universal). His music has also been heard on television shows such as 'Entertainment Tonight', 'Extra Magazine', 'The Guiding Light', 'Ally McBea'l, 'Donny and Marie', 'Married....With Children', 'Another World', 'Wasteland', 'As the World Turns', 'Crime & Punishment', 'Ray Bradbury Theatre', 'The Heights' , 'California Dreams' and more.

Shawn's latest include: 'A Light Knight’s Odyssey' (an animated feature with an all-star cast that includes John Travolta, Samuel Jackson, Christian Slater, James Earl Jones, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Anne Archer and Michael York); the new Donald Duck video game for Disney; two Fox specials: The Iron Mask, and Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon?; two series, Police Videos and Million Dollar Mysteries, also for Fox; and Comedy Bytes, a pilot for NBC-TV. Shawn is a consumate songwriter and session musician as well and has played live in numerous venues

In addition all of this, Shawn is one of the finest people you could ever meet.

You can visit his website at: www.clemistry.com

Enjoy Shawn's music!

Gary Garritan

Re: Shawn Clement Cues!

He's good allright!

Thumbs up Re: Shawn Clement Cues!

All I can say in one word:

Really really wonderful!!!
    I would like to have an half of his skills!!!!!

Thank Shawn and thank Gary!!!

Who was that "masked man?" How'd he do that?

Shawn, a marvelous treat for all the folks here on the Garritan Forum. Maybe next time, if you have more time, you could identify what GPO instruments were in the mix as it was so chock-full of percussion that added so much to the action.

Thanks for letter us hear some of your cues...

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Makes me feel like I've got training wheels on my music workstation...

Orcas Island

Absolutely Fantastic. Season 2 of Buffy, huh? I wonder if he worked as a ghost writer for Christophe Beck or if he just contributed cues here and there. He and Christophe Beck have similiar compositional styles.

Either way, absolutley fantastic. I think I'm going to order some of his CD's from his website!

For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Go Back to forum