• Register
  • Help

Topic: Premiere or what!

Share/Bookmark

Premiere or what!

Dance for Alice. First attempt at writing for wind. First use of Ove 4 and its audio file facility. And all in honour of first grand-daughter. Premieres galore. Should be on this end of this Soundclick link http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=342382

Re: Premiere or what!

dermod,

I think you're not getting many responses because of the 'soundclick' thing. I'd be happy to host the MP3's for you on my server if you'd like.

That's a kind offer. Soundclick was a helpful suggestion by somebody on this site for those with no website to post links to. But it does show hits, currently 14 with 3 downloads, which isn't bad considering how many demos are posted in a week. Constructive comments are always valuable to the learner composer. But no comments are better than discouraging ones. And the optimist can easily convince himself that he has dazzled the world to a standstill. Thanks again. Should I want to post another piece sometime I will certainly make contact.

The main problem is the soundclick player: It simply does not work on some systems, including mine.

Tom

.....I was able to hear.

Delightful!

.. Nice melody, and a great choice of instruments… creates a light, airy fanciful spirit.

jeff

Very Cute ! I enjoyed the playfulness of the melodies. I have one comment. I think the French horn is playing with a lot more reverb than all the other instruments, I just thought that sounded a bit out of the ordinary. Perhaps you intended it that way. Anyway, it was a delightful piece.

BTW, the Soundclick player did play after a bit of effort. I wonder why they make it so hard to get it to play......

Kind Regards

LouisD

I enjoyed it also. Thanks for posting it.
    Grand-daughters tend to bring out the best in us!

Charming piece! You have certainly captured the playfulnessof a little girl. Well done.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Thanks very much for the comments. A lot of warmth floats around this site. On reverb, in fact I used the french horn just as it comes out of the tube. But there is a lot to be learned in use of reverb and shading of dynamics with all th midi-editing opportunites now available, but so far I have not touched them. Next on the list, then.

Go Back to forum