• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius metronome click and GPO Studio

Share/Bookmark

Question Sibelius metronome click and GPO Studio

Hi to all,

I have started to work with these two great programs but reached an issue that I can not figure out by myself.

When I use GPOstudio with Sibelius and I want to go into Flexi-time record mode, I can not hear the metronome click track.
    I tried to go into the Device menu in Sibelius and activate for instance in my case Kontakt Silver that comes with Sib but still not hearing any click at all.

I have read a few times the Sibelius 3 Tutorial on how to set up the two programs here in question and at some point it is mentioned that the click track can be allowed to be played by a different device but so far I haven't managed to succeed.
    What am I doing wrong here..!!!

Is there a way to set up GPO to use a couple of good sounds from the Orchestral Percussion sample for instance ?

Would be very grateful for any help and would love to know how other users are handling this issue.

Best to all.

Maximvs

Re: Sibelius metronome click and GPO Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Maximvs
    Hi to all,

I have started to work with these two great programs but reached an issue that I can not figure out by myself.

When I use GPOstudio with Sibelius and I want to go into Flexi-time record mode, I can not hear the metronome click track.
    I tried to go into the Device menu in Sibelius and activate for instance in my case Kontakt Silver that comes with Sib but still not hearing any click at all.

I have read a few times the Sibelius 3 Tutorial on how to set up the two programs here in question and at some point it is mentioned that the click track can be allowed to be played by a different device but so far I haven't managed to succeed.
    What am I doing wrong here..!!!

Is there a way to set up GPO to use a couple of good sounds from the Orchestral Percussion sample for instance ?

Would be very grateful for any help and would love to know how other users are handling this issue.

Best to all.

Maximvs
    I think it is what you are not doing. open the mixer window by swatting "m".

On the very left, you will see the metronome control, which you can mute or not mute, and set the volume, as well as select the device.

Richard

In Sibelius (3):

>Window > Mixer > Click (unclick "Mute") = the very far left slider in the instruments section.

Wink Re: Sibelius metronome click and GPO Studio

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    I think it is what you are not doing. open the mixer window by swatting "m".

On the very left, you will see the metronome control, which you can mute or not mute, and set the volume, as well as select the device.

Richard
    Hi Richard

Thanks for your help on this issue and also to the other guy as well.
    The problem I had was that both GPO and Kontakt Silver were using the ASIO drive setup from my sound card(M-Audio FW410) and it was causing all sort of wierd stuff.
    I have now set the Kontak player to Direct Sound and GPO to my sound card ASIO and it works...
    Now when I record with flexi-time using GPO, I can hear the click track coming from Kontakt.

I also tried to load a pecussion set from GPO and use that as a click track but I could for instance use only the timps sound and could not figure out how to change sound.

How are you solving this issue when you want to have the click track coming from GPO?

Thanks very much

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Maximvs
    Hi Richard

How are you solving this issue when you want to have the click track coming from GPO?

Thanks very much

Max
    I never use the click. I also almost never use GPO with Sibelius, which for me serves only as a notation program. For everything else, I use Sonar, also without metronome.

Richard

Go Back to forum