• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Can I go from 3.04 to 3.12???

Can I go from 3.04 to 3.12???

I've tried sending this question to Tascam but the tech support request form keeps crashing on me.

Can I go straight from 3.04 (I think thats what it is) to 3.12? Or do I need to apply all of the intermediate patches?

Re: Can I go from 3.04 to 3.12???

Hi Mark,
    good news - no need to apply all the updates - you can go directly from 3.04 to 3.12. I went directly from 3.01 (my DVD Installer version) to 3.1.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

Windward O'ahu, Hawai'i

Yes, definitely. We updated from 3.04 to 3.12 today -- it went without a hitch and solved lots of serious problems. (We had a very bad experience when we tried to update to 3.12 from 3.10.)

justin thyme

Quote Originally Posted by justin thyme
    (We had a very bad experience when we tried to update to 3.12 from 3.10.)
    So you don't scare everyone: my upgrade 3.10 to 3.12 went smoothly, no problems. Rebooted before and after, just in case, and waited for 'userinit' to finish before starting gigastudio after reboot. Seems fine so far.

I had a problem here with upgrading from 3.4 to 3.10!
    It freezes at the start of GIGA with the GIGA logo on screen!

Any help?

thank you

Smile Re: Can I go from 3.04 to 3.12???

It is recommended that you do the following: (read through before doing anything)
    1. Remove antivirus software and/or spyware
    2. remove Nero if it is installed.
    3. Uninstall gigastudio 3.0 dont reboot
    4. run gigaclean, it is in the utils folder of dvd install
    5. reboot
    6. Install GIGA 3.0 using your DVD

7. Go to TASCAM's web site and update to version 3.12. (Re download, do not use any previously downloaded updates)
    8. Open up configuration manager, do not launch giga (Start/Programs/Tascam/GigaStudio/Configuration Manager)
    9. On the ReWire/VST Plug-ins Tab have it scan the system for plugs, does it crash and does it find all of the NFX plugs??
      Block the offending plugs.
      If YES continue
    10. Open configuration manager again.
      On the trouble shooting tab check the box for "disable quicksound" so that Giga launches without engaging quick sound. (Does the app open?)
    11. If this works then go into Windows explorer delete the db folder in the Giga directory then restart the system.
      Go back into configuration manager and un check the "disable quicksound" box. Close configuration manager then try to launch the application.
    I wasn't going to post this, however, remember to backup your license onto a removeable media before commencing any action.
    DAW ONE: CPU: 3.4GHz; RAM: 2 GIGS DDR400; Mobo P4 GIGABYTE ;80GIG IDE HD;2 X WD SATA HD Raptors 10KRPM 74GIG in RAID 0;
    M Audio Firewire 410; Midisport 8X8

Hauptwerk V3
    DAW TWO: CPU: 2.4 GHz Dual Core; RAM 4 gigs DDR2533: MOBO Asrock ConRoeFirex - eSATA2; 2 x SATA 80 GIG, HDs; M Audio Delta 1010 and a Delta 1010LT, soundcards; MOTU Express 128 i/f

Thank you very much OWJ !
    But I have already re installed my OS after formating my HD and now everything is ok.
    Your answer will still be very important to help our futures Giga issues.
    thank you for your attention

all the best

Has anybody had any problems running 3.12 ? .....I'm staying with 3.04 till I get a good report ....Thanks , Jim

Hollywood California

Exclamation Re: Can I go from 3.04 to 3.12???

There seems to be an issue with the database involving files other than Giga 3 format in large libraries. I've run into it on some 5-600GB+ libraries and had to retreat to r3.04 for stability. You'll notice folders with no files, or complete libraries just missing from the list. I am refering specifically to libraries with a mix of old Giga 1 or 2 files and the new 24 bit libraries. Oddly enough, it doesn't always show up immediately...sometimes it's several database builds down the road, but once it starts, translating the files is the only fix. HopefullyTascam will get this straightened out sooner rather than later as the translator contained in the Giga program is rather cumbersome for translating large groups of files. You have to build the database until it craps out, translate whatever it retains and then start again. It's a drag because the new 24 bit libraries have all their bells and whistles invested in GS3.1 and beyond. There's no problem that I've run into (so far) with machines that only have Giga 3 files in their databases. My issue is that none of my customers want to pay me to sit around for 6-8 hours to straighten out the problem...even if I could get excited about such a mind numbing exercise. Chicken Sys might be the answer...I haven't had a chance to try it yet... I keep waiting for Garth to get back to me with some sort of bulk translator :~)Cheers, jc

Go Back to forum