• Register
  • Help

Topic: WAAAAAYYYYY OT: house plants

Share/Bookmark

WAAAAAYYYYY OT: house plants

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    In my room I'd like to have a plant. They're just nice to have. I've always had them. But my room is too dark for my current plant so I had to put it in the living room. Can y'all recomend any house plants that do good in less light? My room is just too dead.

Thanks,
    -Chris

Re: WAAAAAYYYYY OT: house plants

Buy a lava lamp.

Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    When my wife first saw them, she said "I think someone is fooling with you. Go check them out."

She was right. They were PLASTIC!

Ern

LOL...that's great! You didn't water them did you? I've done that before here at work...we had a tree-looking thing that had a real wood trunk and branches but cloth leaves...looked real, so I watered it...took a couple of years to live that one down. ;-0

Chris,
    You can increase the amount of light with some of those "grow lights" from home improvement stores...they're not really all that great, you couldn't grow a vegetable garden with them, but they do help with small plants. Place them close to the plant, leave on all day and then off at night (duh!).
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Yeah, he grow lights don't look pretty, though (for lack of a more masculine word). I'm liking the Chinese evergreen idea! I like evergreens!
    And yes, Brian, I already have a lava lamp.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    -Chris
    That figures.

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    Yeah, he grow lights don't look pretty, though (for lack of a more masculine word). I'm liking the Chinese evergreen idea! I like evergreens!

-Chris
    You like evergreens I'll send you a dwarf Christmas twee!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    That figures.
    WHAT?
    Somehow, in some way, that seems like an insult. Don't know why.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    You like evergreens I'll send you a dwarf Christmas twee!

10 characters...

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    LOL...that's great! You didn't water them did you? I've done that before here at work...we had a tree-looking thing that had a real wood trunk and branches but cloth leaves...looked real, so I watered it...took a couple of years to live that one down. ;-0

Back in college, the sorority right next to us insisted on planting a tree at the very edge of their property. They had every right to do it, but it was in our "end zone" for playing football in our front yard. Not wanting to damage the tree (that came a couple years later), one of the guys, a horticulturist, dug up their tree one evening. We replaced it with a metal coat rack from a building on campus, painted it brown, and stuffed some branches in the holes coming out the side. It was pretty funny the next morning as we watched one of the girls watering the coat rack. It took them quite a while to figure it out.... God bless sorority chicks...oops, I mean broads...oopps..sorry..I meant dames. Yeah that's it, dames.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Go Back to forum