• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need digital mixer advice

Share/Bookmark

Need digital mixer advice

I\'m looking to expand to a 2-PC Giga Studio setup, and I\'d like to mix the digital outputs from both machines. Any recommendations for the best way to do this? I was thinking that a digital mixer would be the best, but I don\'t want to spend a ton of money on it. My current mixer only has one digital input, so it won\'t do the trick.

Re: Need digital mixer advice

Do you have s/pdif in/out on each? If so you should be able go digital out of machine 1 to digital in of machine 2 and end up with a combined output. You will probably need to adjust your sound card\'s mixer settings and set the clock on the second machine to external synch. This works fine on my setup. - Doug

Re: Need digital mixer advice

Yeah, each card will have an S/PDIF in/out. I currently have an MAUDIO Audiophile card, and I was thinking of getting another one since it has worked so well for me.

So you think I can just run digital out from card 1 to card 2, and then run digital out from card 2 to my external digital recorder? If I set card 2 to external synch, will it pass along that synch through the digital out so that my digital recorder can synch to it as well?

Go Back to forum