• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The True Hurricane Looters

Share/Bookmark

The True Hurricane Looters

Watching this storm.

Here we go again.

Better fill Your Gas Tanks Gang before the rouge oil companies jack it up to four bucks a gallon.

Re: The True Hurricane Looters

And it will continue this way as long as we keep our mouths shut. We the people ... indeed.
    Styxx

I'm sure the Energy Bill Congress passed this summer will alleviate all these problems.

2 billion in pork should be enough to feed these white collar robber barrons.

No?

Fill your tank today people.

I remember in the late 70s gas crisis. The Drive 55 campaign... Interesting that our government isn't spearheading a conservation movement today.

OK, OK, OK I'm shuttin' up. I know this isn't the place!

I am so with you on this. The first thing Bush should have done was slow this country down to 55. The next thing they should do is get this country off of oil!

Too many people are making too much $$ off of oil. I really fear for the future of our great nation.

Peace

Rik

Quote Originally Posted by dynamix
    2 billion in pork should be enough to feed these white collar robber barrons.

I remember in the late 70s gas crisis. The Drive 55 campaign... Interesting that our government isn't spearheading a conservation movement today.
    This whole thread may need to be moved to OT, but what makes you think the word 'enough' has any meaning to these pigs? If there were only two of them, and they owned everything, and I mean EVERYTHING - all the land, the houses, autos, banks, businesses, etc. every single object on the entire planet - they'd still be trying to steal it from each other, while the rest of the human race starved.

One of the primary purposes of a benevolent government is to prevent the rape of our resources by these pirates. The president and his upper-echlon staff take oaths to uphold and defend the Constitution, this is the basis for impeaching him and jailing the entire crew.

BTW, lowering the speed limit didn't really slow us down (at least in CA) everybody just drove the same and paid more speeding tickets - except for the occasional little old lady driving 55 in the fast lane, who caused many auto accidents as we swerved to avoid her...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Yes, I agree this should be moved to OT.
    Styxx

Yep. This is OT.

However... One thing I haven't heard from the media is how much better a hybrid car would be in a jam-packed evacuation.

A conventional car sits there burning gas while idling. You rev up to go a few feet, then lose the energy by applying your brakes. My guess is that the cars were averaging about 5 mpg in that mode.

With a hybrid there is no idling. You accelerate with the electric motors, then regenerate part of that energy when braking with the motors acting as generators. The gas engine only runs when it needs to recharge the batteries. I'd guess that a Prius would get better than 25 mpg in stop and go (and stop) traffic.

If I were on the Houston freeways I would have coasted downhill, pushed my car on the flat, and run the engine only to go uphill. And I still wouldn't have gotten 25 mpg!

Best of luck to all those in Texas and Louisiana.

-JF

And they want to spend billions sending men to the moon again! Tell me, how is that going to help the energy situation?
    Styxx

Yes OT..but can't help it. Energy conservation and the price of crude oil are two totally independent questions. Yes, we need to find alternative energy sources because we're going to run out someday and we're screwing up our planet. But we are FAR away from running out of oil.

The reason gas prices are so high is because we are being gouged by profiteers in the private sector. The Oil Barons in the middle east and in our own country have total control. If they want to raise prices they can and there is very little we can do about it. The real problem is that we are totally dependent on oil as a society..for cars, for heating our homes, for all kinds of stuff. And our government has not done much to control the gouging. They could do more. To blame the current administration is ludicrous though, this problem has been going on for a long long time and its not easily solved.

The best way to fight back agains the oil barons is to stop giving them money. Use less gas folks. It will hit them in the pocketbooks and they will lower prices to get more business. Easier said then done I know, but that is probably the only way they are going to lower their prices. They control the world unfortunately. Scary thought.

I saw a statistic on TV the other day, they said that according to normal gas business practices, the price of crude oil would need to be like $95 a barrel to create gas prices at the pump of $3/gallon. Right now oil is $60 a barrel approximately. So do the math...somebody somewhere is getting very very rich and the price gouging has no merit whatsoever based on availability..they are only raising the prices because they think the hurricaine is a good excuse that they can get away with doing it.

Another thing they have done to create a phantom shortage is to reduce the number of operating refineries here in this country. So all the refineries are operating at absolute peak capacity which means we have no buffer for when there is a problem. It also creates a sort of phoney sense of oil shortage...when in actuality..the oil companies are under producing to create demand. In any other industry they would be arrested as members of a cartel, but they have been getting away with this murder for years. Between them and the Fed Reserve(rich ~~~ family banks)..you honestly think you live in a true capitalistic society?
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Oh, boy. Sorry to get you all going.

But.

May I remind you all, that our recently passed "Patriot Act" allows them to come storming into your living room for no reason other than being a suspected so and so. So SPEAK NICE... Its amazing what's passing up on that hill while we all dance around the flag.

And on that note, with China trying to gobble up all the worlds resources (what the heck, we've already helped them take all the manufacturing jobs) I can't help but wonder if we do need to facilitate oil exploration...

Heck, even if we get ourselves off the oil "crack pipe." It won't stop any other nation from developing a massive conventional army fueled by petro.

I dunno what to say!

Maybe I should just shaddup and play me guitar.

Go Back to forum