• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Sibelius GPO Edition

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius GPO Edition

Hi,

I have just seen on the Sibelius site that Sibelius 4 will be producing a GPO add on. This sounds like a GREAT idea!

However!!!...it does say that you will need to buy a new version of GPO to use with Sibelius (even if you already own it) which seams a bit of a disapointment to say the least!

Has anyone heard of any further details about this & whether GJ&BB or AGPO will be included in the near future?

Thanks,

Nick

Re: Sibelius with GPO

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Care
    However!!!...it does say that you will need to buy a new version of GPO to use with Sibelius (even if you already own it) which seams a bit of a disapointment to say the least!
    ...though it does say there'll be a special price for those of us already with GPO.

My one big question: where's the realtime control and EDITING over expression (for example, using the Mod wheel) that to me defines what makes GPO so special? It looks to me like this version merely offers playback of the score's articulations, with no option for the user inputting this stuff live using "Live Playback", etc. and then editing it accurately after the fact (though someone please correct me if I'm wrong!) Of course, such functionality is already available (and then some) in Overture 4 (though I'm admittedly waiting for the Mac version of the latter to fully dive in!)
    - robjohn

Ok, Gary, or whoever knows, please spill the beans...
    Is this "special edition" a special player that will be able to play the entire library (including the upcoming J&BB and GPOA) or will this be a package that is not compatible with the existing libraries. If it's the latter, it's not much good to those of us who already have (or will have shortly) the whole enchilada.

Thanks.
    Keith W.
    Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by KeithW
    Ok, Gary, or whoever knows, please spill the beans...
    Is this "special edition" a special player that will be able to play the entire library (including the upcoming J&BB and GPOA) or will this be a package that is not compatible with the existing libraries. If it's the latter, it's not much good to those of us who already have (or will have shortly) the whole enchilada.

Yes, there is a new "special edition" of GPO for Sibelius!

This version is optimized for Sibelius 4 and takes advantage of the features of Sibelius. Existing GPO users will be able to download an upgrade for a nominal fee (which will include an improved Native Instruments Kontakt Player).

I'll post more details tomorrow.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

This version is optimized for Sibelius 4 and takes advantage of the features of Sibelius. Existing GPO users will be able to download an upgrade for a nominal fee (which will include an improved Native Instruments Kontakt Player).

Gary Garritan
    Sounds interesting, however, I already jumped over to Overture 4 last week.

-- atonal

Gary Garritan
    Well, very interestsing. But for me, not yet upgraded to Sibelius 4, the additional cost of the Sib GPO will be very important. Also, I am not sure if I will need to upgrade my computer system, which I am not likely to do now.

Richard

Gary Garritan
    I guess congratulations are in order, Gary. You've scored the "trifecta-" Sibelius, Finale, and Overture. This guarantees that Garritan Libraries will be ubiquitous. Thanks again for all you folks do.

Keith W.

Re: Sibelius GPO Edition

Welcome to GPO Universe!

Is there likely to be be a special optimized version of GJBB for Sib on the horizon?

From what I've read on the Sib. site, each 'add on' will only work within Sib & so it will be necessary to buy the regular GPO/GJBB versions in order to have the use of these in both Sib & a sequencer. If this is the case, might there also be a nominal fee upgrade version for the GJBB?

If this is possible, it would be great news & a real help to myself!

Many thanks,

Nick

This thread is only 2 days old, and there seems to already be a lot of (restricting) 'moving parts' to this whole process.

My choice to go with Overture 4 was probably a good ( and timely ) one.

good luck,

-- atonal

Go Back to forum