• Register
  • Help

Topic: Set Value, Conductor, etc.

Share/Bookmark

Set Value, Conductor, etc.

I keep seeing the statement that to save the volume for individual tracks, "you must set the initial value for each track." Okay - got it - but how do you do that?

Also in Cubis SE after I insert instruments, I get a line at the top titled. "Conductor." What is that for and how do I use it?

Re: Set Value, Conductor, etc.

LOL, there's that guy stealing my name again

Tom

At the beginning of each track set a cc1 (mod wheel) value of about 64. Otherwise, Cubase will reset to zero and you won't hear anything. I think there's an option to turn off 'reset to 0 when playback stops' or something like that, but I haven't used Cubase in a long time so I'm not sure.

Also, the conductor track is where you would make your global changes to the whole piece, such as tempo. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TomcatII
    LOL, there's that guy stealing my name again

Tom

Where is the documentation about conductor - I went to Cubasis site and searched for conductor, but there were no hits, i read through the documentation, but can find no reference to it. How do you make tempo, volume, etc changes in the conductor track?

Oh, and sorry about the name. *grin*

LOL, I was born with it and you can't have it ; besides, I'll bet I've had it longer than you anyway. I'll be 71 in december of this year.

jk,
    Tom

Cool Re: Set Value, Conductor, etc.

LOL, I was born with it and you can't have it ; besides, I'll bet I've had it longer than you anyway. I'll be 71 in december of this year.

jk,
    Tom
    A mere 9 years.

Of course, that still doesn't help me control volume, etc. I will delve into the Cubas documentation - I just can not subscribe to the notion that I am this stupid when it comes to computers. [img]images/icons/icon6.gif[/img]

OK, I don't know about the "conductor" track because I don't remember ever seeing anything about it; I have Cubase LE and now I'm using Cubase SX-3. However, in order to control volume, go to the piano roll view, you have to do this for each track separately, and right click which will bring up a menu and at the bottom there will be a selection for "add controller track"; select that and a small track at the bottom of the screen will show up and at the far left hand side you will be able to select the "type" of controller to use; select "mod wheel, cc#1" and then place the cursor just to the right of the line where the lane starts. A pencil cursor will show up and a small window with a numerical entry which changes as you move the cursor vertically; set that number to about 60 to 90 for each track you record. Once you have finished all the midi recording, then you can control final volume from the mixer panel (F3) audio channel faders.

HTH,
    Tom

OK, I don't know about the "conductor" track because I don't remember ever seeing anything about it; I have Cubase LE and now I'm using Cubase SX-3. However, in order to control volume, go to the piano roll view, you have to do this for each track separately, and right click which will bring up a menu and at the bottom there will be a selection for "add controller track"; select that and a small track at the bottom of the screen will show up and at the far left hand side you will be able to select the "type" of controller to use; select "mod wheel, cc#1" and then place the cursor just to the right of the line where the lane starts. A pencil cursor will show up and a small window with a numerical entry which changes as you move the cursor vertically; set that number to about 60 to 90 for each track you record. Once you have finished all the midi recording, then you can control final volume from the mixer panel (F3) audio channel faders.

HTH,
    Tom
    Bless you multitudinously. That was a major help.

Go Back to forum