• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - This may sound selfish but ...

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy OT - This may sound selfish but ...

I think I would rather deal with a Hurricane than what I've had to deal with lately. No sympathy necessary just an ear is all.
    I haven't heard word from my friend in New Orleans and I lost another dear friend on Saturday to diabetes. Met him during my years in the West Seneca Youth Theatre when his daughter became a cast member. I was always very involved with many of the parents and this man was truly one of the kindest, warm hearted anyone could know!
    I received a call from his wife late last night with a request for two popular songs to be played and sung (not by me) at service on Wednesday morning. One, I had already on disc and the other I put together as best as possible using midi. No time to deal with my crazy mind of it's own PC! Had to use the old MC80 and Sound Module. I couldn't believe how many times I had to start over and over and over again but I did finish sometime this morning.
    Hope this is the last time I have to do something like this for a long time!
    Sorry, I'm just blowing off some steam!
    Styxx

Re: OT - This may sound selfish but ...

Sorry Styxx, it always seems like bad news hits when the rest of your stress and responsibilities are at their height. You did a good thing though, and I'm sure your work will be appreciated.

I'd say you should express your stress and grief in your music, but that's a silly and unhelpful thing to say. Why not just go and bang on some drums really hard for an hour or two?

hope it gets better,
    chris.

The only way to cleanse ones soul in the wake of a loss like this is with tears.

Our family has lost a couple of our closest in recent years.

You've got to find a quiet place and let go...

Quote Originally Posted by dynamix
    The only way to cleanse ones soul in the wake of a loss like this is with tears.

Our family has lost a couple of our closest in recent years.

You've got to find a quiet place and let go...
    I like that response..

Hang in there Mike!
    Dan

Go Back to forum