• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT: Hi, my name is...

Smile OT: Hi, my name is...

Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce myself. I've been an avid reader of this great forum for quite awhile now, and I thought I'd make the big move from being a lurker to a contributer. So here I go!

I'm Jeremy Sagala and presently I'm finishing up a PhD in Music Composition/Theory at Brandeis University in Boston, MA. I run Kontakt2 with primarily VSL libraries. I'm interested in how this technology can be adapted and used not only as a tool to compose and demo new pieces with, but also as a pedagogical tool in teaching of composition to students.

There are links to streaming audio and .pdfs of my work available on my website, please have a look and listen!

Thanks again to everyone for a great forum, and I look forward to meeting more of you!
    Jeremy David Sagala

Re: OT: Hi, my name is...

Plastic was very interesting. I look forward to hearing how you will develop this style.

between this place and that place

Yo Diriger and welcome
    her's a *pat on the back* (pat, pat, pat) everyone get's a pat on the back on this forum Diriger...
    Teaching Compostion and music to students....man you want to Go Sibelius 4 route with that. I think VSL and Kontakt2 to would help people realize a realistic sound approach to music using samples and mixing this music to sound as expressive as possible.
    We now have Synthisis and Samples technology and Kontakt2 deffinitly kicks so major Butt on both fronts. Speaking of which have you seen Garry Garriantan's new Violin? (is that the future for Samples?)
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Thanks Dezai.

Cat: I use Finale 2006 pretty successfully in my composing and teaching. I appreciate the pat pat pat!
    Jeremy David Sagala

Smile Re: OT: Hi, my name is...

Welcome Diriger!!! Sure you will have a lot to say here
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Quote Originally Posted by Diriger
    Thanks Dezai.

Cat: I use Finale 2006 pretty successfully in my composing and teaching. I appreciate the pat pat pat!
    Welcome. My name is Damon Sink and I am finishing a DMA in composition from CCM in Cincinnati. I also use Finale, Kontakt and VSL, and I was wondering if you have had any luck using the performance tool triggered from Finale...

I'm on a Mac platform btw. Again, welcome aboard!

Damon Sink
    G5 Dual 2 GHz, P4 3.8GHz, Logic Pro 7, Digital Performer, EWQLSO Platinum Pro XP, VSL, Kontakt2, Finale

I don't use the performance tool from within Finale, I can get a decent enough legato with the VSL legato script that is floating around (on perf instruments), and for repetition I'm using the fizbin repetition script. I have to admit that I don't find the perfomance tool to be impressive in the face of the KSP engine. Just wish VSL would release Kontakt programs for the Pro series, conversion was a royal PITA.
    Are you using Kontakt for composition?

Jimi: Thanks!! Nice to feel welcomed. Great group here!
    Jeremy David Sagala

I thought this was about Slim Shady when I saw the subject.

Interesting all the music students using VSL.

Welcome Diriger.

Go Back to forum