In times of crisis, depression, or general tough going, what 5 pieces of music sustain you? What gives you a lift, cheers you up, or gives you strength to continue and why?
1) Rush – “Natural Science” (All about the Golden Ratio, maintaining integrity, and keeps everything in perspective)
2) LVB - Symphony #9 (Pain, tragedy, and loss, culminating in the world’s most optimistic music ever created)
3) Rush – “2112” – culminating in the Grand Finale (same as above)
4) Yes – “And You and I” - symphonic version especially (The ultimate love song – not limited to man and woman but also to man and God)
5) Dave Weckl – “Tribute” (one of the most beautiful jazz pieces I have ever heard)