• Register
  • Help

Topic: Well, that's it!

Share/Bookmark

Angry Well, that's it!

After last nights fiasco with my PC I've decided to dump it in hopes of getting one more appropriate to music production. I'm selling it out right to one of the teachers this week. I'll be without for some time until I get enough up and information as to a more stable system.
    At the moment, I am looking into one of the Sweetwater systems but if there is any suggestions (besides dropping the idea completely: D) I would appreciate any and all input.
    Wow, I feel like I've been struggling with this forever!
    Then again, maybe I should use it as an anchor.
    Styxx

Re: Well, that's it!

Styxx,

I'm sorry about your PC problems, I know the frustration when you spend more time trying to get a system stable than using it for production. If I was in front of it I have no doubts I could get it working but Beefalo is a long way from here.

A faulty PC has as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike and is considerably more expensive. Hang in there and if there's anything I can do to help, gimme a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I'm selling it out right to one of the teachers this week.
    Sorry for stating the obvious, but don't forget to to deactivate/unauthorise any NI stuff before you wipe the harddrive - oh, and don't forget to wipe the harddrive and do a clean windows install before you sell it on.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Good Morning Styxx,

If you get a Mac and DP, Dan and I will make sure you do nothing but make music with it until the cows come home. Come to think of it, I‘ve been waiting for my cows now for years. Where are those beasts? I want some milk for my oats and groats this mornin‘. Where are my oats? Oh darn I think those cows got in the oat field and ate them. Now is this any way to run an imaginary farm?

THE COWS ARE NUTS GRAB ‘EM!

Karl

A faulty PC has as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike
    I would think that processing speed has a lot to do with it. Seems the more audio I try the more problems I encounter. OR … just plain computer illiterate. At any rate, I've had this thing for more than a year now and had even upgraded ram, processing speed, as well as other garbage and it still is as about as useful as a screen door on a submarine!
    I'll just let it sit for a while.

So Richard N, I have to go through all that jive cosmic debris? Naw, I don't feel like messing with it now. I'm tired of it and need a break. I'm supposed to fill in for my brothers’ band on October 18 opening for the Outlaws. Maybe I need to just concentrate on his music until then and just let this slide. Shighst!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    Good Morning Styxx,

If you get a Mac and DP, Dan and I will make sure you do nothing but make music with it until the cows come home. Come to think of it, I‘ve been waiting for my cows now for years. Where are those beasts? I want some milk for my oats and groats this mornin‘. Where are my oats? Oh darn I think those cows got in the oat field and ate them. Now is this any way to run an imaginary farm?

THE COWS ARE NUTS GRAB ‘EM!

Karl
    Ah, now that would be a big plus now wouldn't it! A Mac, DP and you two youts helping me out. But, hey ... ya neva know.

"The Cows Utters ... GRAB 'EM!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum