• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: "D-minor Recessional"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "D-minor Recessional"

    Organ Lovers,

    Herewith is my "D-minor Recessional".

    It is all GPO. I utilize (Brit. - utilise) the Hauptwerk All Stops and Baroque Plenum Reeds organ stops and the Flute Solo NV which doubles the melodic line.

    This should get them up the aisle and out of the building...quickly.

    My best to all,

    LGA


    http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/larr...ecessional.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: "D-minor Recessional"

    Larry,
    Glad to see you back in saddle. This is a excellent piece. I enjoyed the dark harmonies. Additionally, it fills a void. At the end of some long ceremony we needs a means of rapid egress (other than pulling the fire alarm).
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  3. #3

    Re: "D-minor Recessional"

    Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    Larry,
    Glad to see you back in saddle. This is a excellent piece. I enjoyed the dark harmonies. Additionally, it fills a void. At the end of some long ceremony we needs a means of rapid egress (other than pulling the fire alarm).
    And, besides that, the football game is about to start on TV.

    Thanks, Dude, and regards to you.

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Thumbs up Re: "D-minor Recessional"

    The GPO argons are great! I was playing around with them on afternoon layering several boy what a sound!
    Larry, I couldn't stop without listening to one more of your fantastic uplifting pieces!
    As always, you're the best!
    Styxx

  5. #5

    Re: "D-minor Recessional"

    Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    The GPO argons are great! I was playing around with them on afternoon layering several boy what a sound!
    Larry, I couldn't stop without listening to one more of your fantastic uplifting pieces!
    As always, you're the best!
    Thanks for the good woids, Mikey.

    Regards,

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "D-minor Recessional"

    I've long recognized the immutable connection between football games and the key of D minor; and have wondered at their lack of proper recessional music. Thank you for rectifying this.

    Seriously, solid piece, Larry... as always, very well done! This would peddle proudly at some of the finest organs in Europe.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  7. #7

    Re: "D-minor Recessional"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    I've long recognized the immutable connection between football games and the key of D minor; and have wondered at their lack of proper recessional music. Thank you for rectifying this.

    Seriously, solid piece, Larry... as always, very well done! This would peddle proudly at some of the finest organs in Europe.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Thank you, Dave. All donations to my ego are appreciated.

    Looking forward to hearing more of YOUR music.

    Regards,

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "D-minor Recessional"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander

    Looking forward to hearing more of YOUR music.
    Soon, I hope, Larry. I've got about two dozen giant alligators to slay; and once by that, I'll be back to manuscript.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  9. #9

    Re: "D-minor Recessional"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Soon, I hope, Larry. I've got about two dozen giant alligators to slay; and once by that, I'll be back to manuscript.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Mine are large crocodiles with attitudes.

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •