• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How to install "X-Custom" instruments?

Share/Bookmark

How to install "X-Custom" instruments?

Extra "X-custom" instruments can be downloaded from the Garritan site. But, once downloaded they just appear on the desktop in a folder and can not be loaded in the Kontakt player. How do I make them appear when clicking the "load" button ?
    Thanks, Maarten

Re: How to install "X-Custom" instruments?

You must move the X-Custom folder to the Instruments folder inside the GPO Library folder. It will then appear in the load button.

Having said that, I don't recommend using the X-Custom instruments at present because there are new issues with the latest version of the player that will only be resolved by changes to the instrument programming or changes to the player (this last part is why I responded to an already answered thread.)

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    You must move the X-Custom folder to the Instruments folder inside the GPO Library folder. It will then appear in the load button.

Having said that, I don't recommend using the X-Custom instruments at present because there are new issues with the latest version of the player that will only be resolved by changes to the instrument programming or changes to the player (this last part is why I responded to an already answered thread.)

Tom

Could you give me a reference for your other response mentioned here in parenthesis? I am not able to find it by "search".

Thanks,

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Edi
    Could you give me a reference for your other response mentioned here in parenthesis? I am not able to find it by "search".

Thanks,

Ed
    I guess my wording was a bit too ambiguous. I was referring to the message above that says: "This message has been deleted by mvnorden. Reason: question answered." So, this is the "already answered" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins

Tom
    Does anyone have an easy workaround for wind controller...in the meantime?

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Edi
    Does anyone have an easy workaround for wind controller...in the meantime?
    Workaround for which problem?
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey
    Workaround for which problem?
    The problem I quoted from Tom, namely, that the X-custom instruments are not recommended until fixed.

I do know that I could use the regular instruments but not so conveniently...and then when I go back to the x-custom files I will have to edit everything.

Ed

Ah, the "new issues". That certainly clears things up.

I use X-custom instruments quite a bit, I'm just trying to find out what these issues are so I can be aware of them...
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey
    Ah, the "new issues". ...I'm just trying to find out what these issues are so I can be aware of them...
    Exactly.

Ed

Angry Re: How to install "X-Custom" instruments?

So.... for the time being, I shouldn't use X-Custom instruments -- which are the only ones that respond properly to a wind controller -- because of some mysterious new issues that everybody seems to know about but can't (or won't) identify? What is this, the Bug Which Must Not Be Named?

The ironic thing is, the clicking and popping which had been my only problem with X-Custom instruments seems to have gone away. So I'll ask again, hoping against hope that someone will actually condescend to answer this time, what are these mysterious "issues" for which the official recommendation is to not use X-Custom until they're fixed?
    -- Jeff Lee

Go Back to forum