• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Josh's Darkness

Houston, TX

Josh's Darkness

In keeping with my tradition of doom and gloom, I present to you the final (?) installment of my trilogy of mass destruction (The Craft - parts 1 and 2; The Final Moon; and now...)

The Darkness

Re: Josh's Darkness

I don't know why you don't have at least 1,000 replies to this already as it is the most outstanding piece I have heard on this forum for a long, long, time.

You orchestration is marvelous. The percussion is flawless and works so well with your dissonant writing. And, the name, "darkness," is defined all the way through the composition.

I just can't say enough about all the skills that you possess in creating this piece, but I can say that it was the most enjoyable listen I have had in a long time.

Congratulations, Josh.

Jack Cannon
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Holy cow! The ending knocked my socks off!

The begining developed a bit slow for me, but the payoff was worth it! Nice harmonies.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Bravo, Josh, Bravo! This one's a real pot-boiler, quite a powerful composition!

Excellent work -- that ending caused one of my eyeballs to explode.

Guess I better keep the volume below 10 next time... lol.

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Could be the most powerful piece I've heard to date with the library. Kudos Josh.

Thumbs up Re: Josh's Darkness

very nice piece Josh!!!
    I love the way you orchestrate!!!

Great job.

Keep up the great works!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Thoroughly enjoyed this. Could be the most powerful piece I've heard to date with the library. Kudos Josh.

I'll second that! This is stunning!

But why call it 'Darkness'? To me, this was uplifting, emotional and spritual. It made me think of creation... must go, I want to hear it again....

Thanks for sharing this, Graham

Houston, TX

Jack - you do me too much honor, sir...all i can say is thanks very much for listening and i really appreciate your comments...

David -
    that ending caused one of my eyeballs to explode.
    i was dying laughing at the thought of that
    thanks, as always, for listening...oh, my stereo goes up to 11...lol!

Tom - coming from "the man", that's a very, very pleasing comment...can't wait to sink my teeth into GPOA!! thanks much

Roberto - good hearing from you - thanks for listening! looking forward to your next one...

Graham - i think i can see your point about it being "uplifting", thinking back on some pieces i'm very fond of - and there are some moments of reprieve in the sinister world of this music...so yes, i can see it...thanks for listening and sharing your comments!!!

thank you all - josh

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England

Hey Josh just waiting in antisipation to listen to this piece!!!!!!!

and its finally here

altho the start was quite slow to get going I loved it, the percussion really works.

All I can say is a big fat YES this piece is great I really loved the orchestration.

Congrates all the horn parts really worked and sounded well

Bravo Josh

Regards Chris

Magnificent. Not too dark, thankfully.

Did you apply any special techniques to get the percussion to sound so good?

Where are your other dark compositions? After hearing this one, I'm eager to hear some more.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast