• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Did anyone notice this new orchestral release ?

Share/Bookmark

did'nt anyone else notice this new orchestral lib release ?

It's only by chance that I learnt 2 days ago, on "another site", about the release of a new affordable Kirk Hunter's orchestral library.
    I went to his site, and I listened to the few available demos.
    Well, based on what I heard there, and if I may say so without going against NS rules (after all, i'm not affiliated with anyone so it's not at all advertising, only "sample library discussion"), I'm impressed :
    Mr Hunter really seems to have produced a very good sounding library at an unbelievable price, which makes it a risk-free investment.
    I'm surprised that the Net remains so quiet about this, am I amongst the few ones who fell upon this news ?

Re: Did anyone notice this new orchestral release ?

You're not the only one. I think i'm going to get it too even though i dont have giga yet. Even the few examples there are very impressive.

steve

Yeah, I was impressed too. At 25 GB, the price is insane. Is this the trend for the future? Cheaper, bigger, and better?

Let's hope...

Kirk was very fast to answer a few questions about it too. Thats also impressive. Does anyone know how well giga converts to kontakt 2?

steve

Link please?
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

How does this relate to the Concert Strings/Wind/Brass libraries announced here:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...highlight=kirk

These were supposedly much bigger, but I don't see any reference to them now on the site.

I remember being very underwhelmed by the demos. I tried to download the demos now at the site associated with "Emerald", to see if they were better, but the links didn't work.

They seemed to be ok for me just a few minutes ago again. He added another example since yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by sghoughton
    They seemed to be ok for me just a few minutes ago again. He added another example since yesterday.
    Yes, indeed, there is a new demo that I did not see yesterday on the site.
    And after listening to it, my first good impression gets even better (to my humble ears anyway).
    Seems that it's a "no-brainer" buy (well, as a non native english speaker, I'm not too sure of the word "no-brainer", but I'll take my chance and hope the context will make it self-explanatory !)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast