• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Sound

Share/Bookmark

New Sound

Well, a new sound for Gary to sample. It would be great as a new percussion toy. I have a use for it, but don't plan on re-creating the sound, distinctive and demanding as it is, I don't want to snap another ball joint on my Honda! Very interesting sound, even the grinding and crunching as I pulled off the road! The sound is very sharp, carries very well, and is a sound not easily forgotten!

Richard

Re: New Sound

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Well, a new sound for Gary to sample. It would be great as a new percussion toy. I have a use for it, but don't plan on re-creating the sound, distinctive and demanding as it is, I don't want to snap another ball joint on my Honda! Very interesting sound, even the grinding and crunching as I pulled off the road! The sound is very sharp, carries very well, and is a sound not easily forgotten!

Richard
    yikes!

That's one of those situations when you need to have the mics already setup and ready to go, to capture that horrid sound when it decides to go KAPOW!

I did receive your Christmas CD, it's very nice, thanks!
    Hope all is well with you Richard.

Dan

Richard,

I've driven from Willits to Fort Bragg/Mendocino on a dark foggy night. I'm imagining there is terrain like that in your neighborhood and I'm glad your ball joint didn't go on one of those hair pin turns.

You can always get the car fixed.

Alas, this is near to how we lost poor Michael Hedges...

Quote Originally Posted by dynamix
    Richard,

I've driven from Willits to Fort Bragg/Mendocino on a dark foggy night. I'm imagining there is terrain like that in your neighborhood and I'm glad your ball joint didn't go on one of those hair pin turns.

You can always get the car fixed.

Alas, this is near to how we lost poor Michael Hedges...

There are roads like that here, but not much danger of falling into the ocean. The biggest danger here in this case would be being smashed by a speedy driver who did not notice the car stalled on the very narrow road. Car is fixed, bank account is now in need of repair! It was really good luck, because I do drive the Coast Highway, beautiful, but dangerous!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    I do drive the Coast Highway, beautiful, but dangerous!

Richard
    you lucky dog you

Dan

Go Back to forum