• Register
  • Help

Topic: k2 much more power hungry than k1 ?

Share/Bookmark

k2 much more power hungry than k1 ?

This has posted at the NI kontakt forum.

Very disappointed to hear this.

I got the k2 upgrade today to enable me to go to osx tiger (and nuendo 3.1)...was looking forward to upgrading tommorow but...

With a dual 867 mac I don't have the power to spare if k2 is in fact significantly more power hungary than 1.5.

It's still in the packaging and I may be forced to take it back and stay w/ 1.5 for now (and osx 10.3.9).

Can anyone one chime in about k2 and tiger on a dual 867 mac (1.5 gigs crucial ram) or a similar set up ??

feeling real unsure about k2 now.
    mac-nuendo.3-uad-kontakt.1-9652 audio card-Lucid a/d d/a...

Re: k2 much more power hungry than k1 ?

Not as clear cut as that I'm afraid. Initiall K2 may be more power hungry but it's also more efficient and has the ability to assign DFD settings for every instrument.

So it is and isn't more power hungry than k1 depending on the situation.

But as far as using the convolution verb on k2 I think that that would pretty much kill your mac. But maybe not.

Best thing to do is try it and tweek settings until you get it to work well for you.

But don't be too hard on NI. There comes a time when we all have to realize that are trusty old computer just isn't going to make the next volley of upgrades.

Re: k2 much more power hungry than k1 ?

true re: the computer upgrading thing, however, I'm hoping that in considering I use kontakt in a very simple way usually only a few instruments loaded, and then bounced to audio tracks, I "hope" I can use it.

As I'd like to move to tiger w/ nuendo 3.1.
    mac-nuendo.3-uad-kontakt.1-9652 audio card-Lucid a/d d/a...

Go Back to forum