• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sur Le Fleuve Enchanté

Share/Bookmark

Sur Le Fleuve Enchanté

Hi All

This is a very old piece I wrote some time ago. I did post this one long ago when I first got GPO, but knowing nothing about mod-wheels and midi controlers at the time, it sounded simply gross . So I decided to give it some new life and some revisions. I hope you enjoy it .

You can listen here.

Kind Regards

LouisD

Re: Sur Le Fleuve Enchanté

Very nice again Louis.....you can certainly put the notes and sounds together!

Lovely title too....'On the enchanted river' I think. Why do things often sound better in French?

Frank

What a wonderful piece. It paints an enchanting picture. The winds at 1:42 are simply beautiful and the sound of the whole piece is quite realistic. I see Ove4 is really working out for you.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Simply wonderful Louis!

It's easy to hear the classical influence in your works... A terrific blend of several styles.

Bravo!

Louis, beautiful work! Lovely piece, with great handling and voicing of the orchestral dialogue.

Simply superb -- enjoyed this piece a great deal; several times, in fact... lol.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

wow...it seems you found the balance between tradition and the unexpected...if this music were a color, it would be a lush forest green...which is always enchanting! excellent work!!!

josh

Thank you all for listening. I appreciate every comment .

Kind Regards

LouisD

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    Thank you all for listening. I appreciate every comment .

Kind Regards

LouisD
    Hi Lous,
    that's a real nice piece. I enjoyed listening to it.
    The reverb had a nice warmth to it. What sequencer are you using for this for playback? Were you using overture 4?
    Just thought I'd say I like the contrast of timbre with the contrapuntal type woodwind section in the middle, then with the strings gradually coming back in, and the timpani triplets going to the strong beats are very dramatic.
    I remember reading warnings by an arranger, not to try and have all the instruments playing at all the times, and you have been very economical, and have avoided this.By not doing this, but by using parts of the orchestra as sections, then also using them all together sometimes,This helped create the formal structure in your piece, with the nice contrasts between the different timbres.

Great piece of music Louis, with nice contrast throughout, again, I enjoyed listening to this, and I liked the use of counterpoint throughout which was very effective.

Once again, a very well written piece. I love the intertwining of the melody between the woodwinds and strings. Very neat technique. I think you handle the classical style in a very contemporary way and I love it! Great writing!

Best,
    Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

Thumbs up Re: Sur Le Fleuve Enchanté

WOW Luis!!!
    This is simply beautiful.
    Great handling of the orchestra!! Also compositionally you did a great job!!
    Only my congrats, man.

The percussions sound fantastic as well as the woodwinds!!

All the best,
    Roberto

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast