• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kudos to Berklee!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Kudos to Berklee!

First, I was proud of my hometown of Houston, Texas for its support of those affected by hurricane Katrina. Now, my old school has kicked in as well - in a very cool way!

http://www.berklee.edu/news/2005/09/katrina.html

They are hiring full timers now! An excellent idea, and mutual benefit for us all.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Kudos to Berklee!

Well, I think since we got a new Dean, the ball has got rolling a lot faster now. Can't wait for another Boston winter this year. Last year we got 25 inches of snow. LOL! My goal is to get through Berklee's Bachelor program in 2 years. I'm in my 3rd semester here and have about 60 credits. (with transfers). I'm actually labeled 4th semester, almost 5th. I'll test the crap out of more classes later this semester.

I did it in eight straight semesters - 2-3/4 years - and that included testing out of some classes. This might have been a couple of years ago (25), but can you really do it in two years?

Brian,

This is not surprising that Berklee is doing so much. Your alama mater is fabulous!

Berklee [edit -can't type on this ultraportable] is not only on the cutting edge but an institution that has given so much to musicians for many years. There's no place like Berklee.

I happen to be at Berklee now and will be giving lectures here for the next few days. We also have field trips lined up for some recordings we're doing. If you happen to be at Berklee please come by and say hello.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Brian,
    Berkless Gary Garritan
    What?? You're saying there are no Berks at Berklee?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Brian,

This is not surprising that Berklee is doing so much. Your alama mater is fabulous!

Berkless is not only on the cutting edge but an institution that has given so much to musicians for many years. There's no place like Berklee.

I happen to be at Berklee now and will be giving lectures here for the next few days. We also have field trips lined up for some recordings we're doing. If you happen to be at Berklee please come by and say hello.

Gary Garritan
    And what mystery building would that be? And Nick, I think it is very possible. I'm trying to ship my ~~~ over to L.A. ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Hudson
    And what mystery building would that be? And Nick, I think it is very possible. I'm trying to ship my ~~~ over to L.A. ASAP.
    Jared,

There will be several mystery buildings as I'll be giving talks to about eight classes and two field recoring trips. Contact the Music Synthesis Dept for the schedule or PM me.

Gary Garritan

What?? You're saying there are no Berks at Berklee?
    Actually, you're right. Lee Berk, after whom the school was named by founder Lawrence Berk, retired recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Actually, you're right. Lee Berk, after whom the school was named by founder Lawrence Berk, retired recently.
    Well there's a coincidence! So it's Berkless now then?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    First, I was proud of my hometown of Houston, Texas for its support of those affected by hurricane Katrina. Now, my old school has kicked in as well - in a very cool way!

http://www.berklee.edu/news/2005/09/katrina.html

They are hiring full timers now! An excellent idea, and mutual benefit for us all.

BTW, Brian, if you are going to quote Hunter Thompson in your signature, at least spell "weird" correctly. The man had journalistic flaws but this kind of spelling error was not one of them.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Go Back to forum