• Register
  • Help

Topic: Easy way to save stacked instruments?

Share/Bookmark

Easy way to save stacked instruments?

Hi - I am unable to find an answer to this in the GS manual, and would be grateful for any help:

When creating stacked keyswitch instruments in GS3, is there a way to save these (without saving the entire performance) without getting into the big Editor which I can't get my head round.

If not, then what is the simplest way to create the stacked instruments in the Editor and save them? A step-by-step guide for an idiot would help

Re: Easy way to save stacked instruments?

click on the little triangle toward the end of your giga track. Select 'Stack properties'. Setup your key switches. click the Save template button in the lower part of the stack prperties sceen.

Thanks for your reply - but this only saves the keyswitch, not the stacked instrument.

Any other suggestions? For example, say I create a stacked instrument containing legato bass and pizzicato bass with keyswitch in GS, (not the Editor), how do I save this new instrument?

Did you try to save a stacked instrument as file type .GSI?
    If not, please lead User's Manual page 63.

Good Job!

Sorry!
    lead->read

Ah - now I see! Thanks for that tip - much appreciated. I did read p63 - if only they had put it as simply as you did!

I presume this means I can only do this with one (newly created) stacked instrument loaded into GS, otherwise how will it know which stacked instrument I wish to save?

Go Back to forum