• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: So how's the weather?

Share/Bookmark

So how's the weather?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Sorry for the boring topic guys....but I had to find the humor in the fact that the refugees from Louisiana that are staying here in North Dakota are about to get a BIG surprise. It was 80 degrees here only a couple of days ago. Tomorrow, there is SNOW in the forecast. Wow.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Re: So how's the weather?

What? This post hasn't received 100 replies yet?? Yes, we had a blizzard in October already. A BLIZZARD!!!! Fine then. I'll shut up.

You can thank the Pacific Northwest for the cool moisture from the coast. We had that storm a week ago. I guess the winds from the North Pole did the rest of the trick!

-JF

Bring on global warming!!!

We're supposed to get a bunchabuncha rain today and Saturday here in NW NJ.

-Chris

And they call Buffalo the snow capital of the world, Ha! We are getting the rain and cold quite quickly today! Temps this morning at 6am were in the upper 60's and at 9 dropped to lower 50's. It's expected to continue a downward trend throughout the day below 50 and near 40 tonight. Not enough for snow but cold enough for a nice fire to warm up the house.
    Snow? I have a feeling we are going to get clobbered this winter due to the warming of the Great Lakes. They don't cool off soon we'll be looking at severe lake effect snowstorms. Time to stock up on the survival goods.
    BTW - it is alwasy interesting to hear from people no matter what the topic. Thanks for sharing.
    Styxx

I guess I should chime in here since I am the official forum weatherman . There was a huge snowstorm in the northern great plains recently. Up to a foot of snow in early October! Yikes! The northeast will get hit with rain this weekend, enhanced by the leftover moisture from Tammy. For all of you living in the northeast there is going to be big temperature swing tomorrow. Highs will be 10 to 20 degrees colder than today, which will probably wind up being warmer than predicted by the computer models. Still it will feel like fall. And for Styxx..it shall be interesting to see how roughed up the lake effect snow belts get this winter. The lakes are going to remain very warm for a while, so as long as the land cools off enough, you can be in for some hefty snowfall. Maybe even some thunder, too. NOAA has predicted below average temperatures and above average precip for the northeast this fall. So the 'snow capital of the world' might get its fair share.

Happy weather all,

-Brian

No problem , I just saved a bundle on my snow shoe insurance! I'm a survivor of the Blizzard of 77 and after watching the terrible infliction on the gulf coast this past few months, makes 77 look like just a walk in the park.
    I just tuned up my snow thrower and stocked the house with firewood. Cleaned and inspected the furnace and me wife and I started going through the winder heavy snow gear (coats, boots and other). All of us in this area enjoyed the warmest, bluest, sunniest summer in a long time and we're spoiled but not unprepared. As long as the local, city and county governments get their act together on snow removal all should be fine.
    Then again, I remember one year where they canceled Christmas until Rydell the Red Nosed Bartender has a very shinny party at his club! What a Christmas party that was! There were these three .... Ooops, never mind. That's another story.
    Styxx

One group of the Lost Boys of Sudan were resettled in Fargo. They arrived in January, at 11 pm, during a snowstorm, 2 days after leaving the refugee camp in Uganda. One was lagging behind in the airport, staring out the window. "Is it day, or night?"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blankenau
    One group of the Lost Boys of Sudan were resettled in Fargo. They arrived in January, at 11 pm, during a snowstorm, 2 days after leaving the refugee camp in Uganda. One was lagging behind in the airport, staring out the window. "Is it day, or night?"

Fargo...one hour south of here. And yes, people here DO sound as stupid as they do in the movie.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast