• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hello from Beantown!!

Share/Bookmark

Hello from Beantown!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm in Boston. They say this is the intellectual center of the universe.

Just finished up a week of recording on a secret project and gave talks to students and faculty at Yale University and University of Hartford.

Last night I met Stephen Croes (and George Massenburg) at Berklee College of Music and was provided a very ambitious schedule for the next few days.

This morning I met with Dennis Miller and gave a talk at Northeastern University and got lost driving in this Town (the street array make no sense).

This afternoon gave a talk to the Berklee faculty in the Composition Department and then a lecture for the Advanced Sampling class.Late this afternoon we did a recording session and invited some Berklee students to the sessions.

The next few days will be very busy with about a dozen lectures and meetings. We'll also be doing some recording at Harvard before heading to AES.

I am really looking forward to meeting some of you at AES in New York at the end of the week.

I'll keep you abreast of what 's happening.

Gary Garritan

PS: The Red Sox win seems to be the rave of the town.

Re: Hello from Beantown!!

Good to hear you are in good shape and spreading yourself around the universe!

Thank you Gary!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Hi Everyone,

I'm in Boston. ....

and got lost driving in this Town (the street array make no sense).

Gary Garritan
    That's okay. I got lost in Salt Lake City, where it used to be considered impossible because to city was laid out in a grid.

Richard

Wow, you sure are busy!!

I can't wait until you reveal "the secret project"!

Thanks for letting us know where you've been! We missed you in the weekend chats.

Have fun as you continue spreading the joy of GPO!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thumbs up Re: Hello from Beantown!!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Just finished up a week of recording on a secret project and gave talks to students and faculty at Yale University and University of Hartford.
    Gary Garritan
    It's in the sauce!
    Styxx

Congratulations, Mr. Garritan. You are the ten millionth person to get lost in the city of Boston! To claim your prize, you must first try to find your way back to the airport during rush hour without navigational aids.

Fat chance winning this wicked good prize...

-The City of Boston

Yeesh. With the road time you do, Gary, can you remember where your own house is... lol?

I won't let let the cat out of the bag on that secret recording project, though I'm sure all the electric zither enthusiasts are really gonna love it...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hmmm, secret project...Boston...Yale...Harvord.
    This can only mean one thing!!!

No, OK. I give up!
    What is it?

You already have the absolute most bestest orcehstral package with GPOA, you have the most bestest jazz and big band package with JABB, you have the absolutel bestest strings package with GOS, you have the absolute most bestest solo package with GSV (and I think you said once you were going to end up with a whole string quartet using sonic morphing), you have pipe organs on the way, you have choirs on the way, well...all I can think of next is an ethnic library or a piano library.

ELECTRIC ZITHER!!!!!!

I guess you learned your lesson about announcing upcoming libraries too soon, huh?

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    ELECTRIC ZITHER!!!!!!

I guess you learned your lesson about announcing upcoming libraries too soon, huh?
    Yes - lesson learned. From now on I will anounce libraries well after they are released. And you will never hear of the Electric Zither project until after it has shipped.

Gary

Stay away from those harbor "Tea Parties".
    Styxx

Go Back to forum