I am contemplating purchasing Gigastudio orchestra and I have toyed with the idea of ensemble but as I do a lot of symphonic writing I think I need the polyphony and I like the idea of a load of samples included. I only have one music PC which runs Sibelius 3, Cubase SX 1 and soon to be gigastudio, the machine is a P4 with 2 x 160Gb hard drives, 1Gb RAM and RME 9652. The only sample library I have is GPO.
1) Will I run into problems with the amount of RAM I have since I intend to run Cubase and Giga simultaneously.
2) Will Gigapulse run successfully with only 1Gb RAM.
3) I intend to install all samples on the second hard drive. Should I install gigastudio on this hard drive as well?
4) Are the samples included with orchestra good enough to get by for some time. Trying to do everything on a budget at the moment.
5) Any recommendations as to good orchestral libraries, there are loads about but I am never able to hear dry demos only treated ones.
Apologies for the long list I am a bit of a newbie on this matter. I have been kidding myself that I prefer real players however I can't afford real players and what I have had performed they couldn't play