• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone else having problems with the Sage Converter 1.5?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone else having problems with the Sage Converter 1.5?

I just updated to RMX 1.5 and immediately tried to use the new Sage converter 1.5 to convert some Rex2 files. It seems that when you do the conversion, it is only converting 1 file within any given folder.
    For example, I tried to convert a Drums on Demand disc. When I selected all of the .rx2 files within the first folder (ballad brushes_67), the Sage converter only converted 1 file out of about 16 in this particular folder. Then it lists the one file multiple times within Stylus RMX elements window. I also tried a different set of samples from another disc and the same thing happened. When I went back and used version 1.1 of the Sage converter, it seemed to work fine.

I'm using a G4 dual 1.25 ghz., OSX 10.42 (Tiger) w/2gb RAM.

thanks,

Tom

Re: Anyone else having problems with the Sage Converter 1.5?

can't comment on what you may be doing wrong.
    BUt last night I converted my entire colleciton of DOD.
    I just dragged the folder of DOD volume one onto the opened sage converter and it converted the whole library, with correct hiearchy etc....

did the same for all the other Drum On Demand libaries I have purchased.

rsp

although I am on a PC
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Quote Originally Posted by wolfetho
    I just updated to RMX 1.5 and immediately tried to use the new Sage converter 1.5 to convert some Rex2 files. It seems that when you do the conversion, it is only converting 1 file within any given folder.
    For example, I tried to convert a Drums on Demand disc. When I selected all of the .rx2 files within the first folder (ballad brushes_67), the Sage converter only converted 1 file out of about 16 in this particular folder. Then it lists the one file multiple times within Stylus RMX elements window. I also tried a different set of samples from another disc and the same thing happened. When I went back and used version 1.1 of the Sage converter, it seemed to work fine.
    Did you read this chapter in the Reference Guide?

"SAGE CONVERTER - Drag & Drop Batch Conversion"

All the info is right there in the Reference Guide AND it's searchable! For example, you could have typed "Batch REX" in the search field and it would instantly come up.

Check it out....very important info for converting full libraries.

spectrum

I have Akai Liguid Grooves and Burning Grooves CD's from about 5 years ago.

Can these be "Sage Converted" to use in RMX 1.5?

Only Groove controlled libraries (and of course rex files) can be converted with the Sage Converter.

Burning Grooves was never released as a Groove Control library for Roland/Akai etc..... so that would could not be converted.

They are two Liquid Grooves CDROMS.

The original, and the Groove Controlled version which could have been purchased as an update if you owned the original.
    If it is the original you ahve then no it can't be converted, if it says Liquid Grooves, Groove Controlled, then it can be.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Ah yes, I get it. Thanks.

Is there a discount for people have purchased the Akai Libraries to update to the Groove Controlled Libraries?

BTW, this new update is, AWESOME!!

Played around with it today for a while.

BRILLIANT!!

Thanks
    Eric and CO

There is an upgrade price of $99 for the original LG to LG-GC version.

But since that's the same price as a SAGE Xpander, I'd recommend getting that instead, since it includes all the new Multi patches and the Bonus Spectrasonics library as well...so that's a better deal for you.

Go Back to forum