• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS and win NT ?

Share/Bookmark

GS and win NT ?

Hi !
    I\'ve just gone back from Nemesys FAQ to find out if GS could run under win NT. The answer is not clear. I work with GS 1.52 for now and want to install win2k beta3 for a try. Does they can work together or does I have first to upgrade to GS 1.6 first ?
    As you see, I can run only a beta version of NT5, and what about NT4 ?
    Thanx,
    jam

Re: GS and win NT ?

GS won\'t run on either NT4 or Win2000 at this time.

Thanx a lot !
    I think I will wait for GS 2.0 ; It will do it, I hope.
    jam

While Nemesys has talked about support for Win2000, I wouldn\'t assume that GS 2.0 will be the one to do it.

I remember Dave talked about some great new features in version 2.0 in the former forum, but you might be right : maybe he did not mention the win NT compatibility. Nevertheless, here what Nemesys FAQ said about this guestion :
    \"Q: What about Win98 and WinNT?

Version 1.5 is Windows 98 compatible. It runs identically in both Windows 95 and 98. Windows NT support will come with NT5 also known as Windows 2000(Win2k!)\"
    I keep my fingers crossed.
    jam

The next major version will have most of the wish list changes and more. We will deal with Win2k as it gets finalized and released. There will be some issues to deal with such as major changes to the way direct x will work and other things so the current GigaSampler will probably not work out of the box in 2000. We will probably finish up this next major revision of the software in 95\\98 and then make it compatible with 2000 and possibly BeOS.
    Have fun
    Dave

Thanx very much Dave for these brand good news.
    jam

Dave, if there are no major troubles, is there already a time frame for GS 2.0? Ofcourse we won\'t hold it against you the final release date changes, but just to get an idea how far you are?

Thanks, Joris Vincken

Go Back to forum