• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: What's on your "Wish List"?

West Seneca, NY

Question What's on your "Wish List"?

Liszt, you stay out of this!
    I really don't have anything on my wish list except for 100 Brazilian in cold hard cash and different employment!
    What's on yours? New PC? New Mac? New DAW? New Girlfriend / Boyfriend? Hama Sammaich a cup a joe and a toollabox? New external gear? JABB? GPOA? GPOIA? GPOIAIAOA? SSV? Diva? Giovani? M&M's?Overture 4? Kontakt 2? Buffalo Chicken Wings? Massive amounts of petrol? Ticket to Orcas? A session with your favorite living composer? Pizza at Fabio's house in Italy? A GPO convention? Superman’s Cape? DPDAN's ears?

Hey, how much is a Brazilian any way?

Oops, forgot, a Fedora like Gary's. (I like hats)

Re: What's on your "Wish List"?

More time to play in the studio!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer

Rather appropriate, I just compiled a wishlist a few days ago So I'll put up the meat of what I want to get over the course of the future.. damn money!

--Immediate future--
    Sibelius 4 upgrade
    SONAR 5 (shipping!)
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum

--Whenever I start getting paid for making music--
    East/West Quantum Leap: Ra, Colossus & Symphonic Choirs.
    A few external drives to fit everything onto :x

I guess also on the wishlist that doesn't involve buying anything would be a lucky break

World Peace, and getting the US off of oil.

West Seneca, NY

Quote Originally Posted by rikp
    World Peace, and getting the US off of oil.

You'll need a Genie for sure.

San Francisco Bay Area

Time, and sleep....
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

My biggest (musical) wish at the moment is that JABB lands on my doorstep before the end of October - so that I can dedicate the whole of the first week in November to learning it when I am home alone.

Other stuff I want:

- Sonar 5PE upgrade
    - Keyboard with aftertouch, or some nifty midi controller with loads of knobs and sliders (from what I have heard, JABB is going to be a multi-fingered, super-dextrous beast to play!)
    - GPOA

A fairly restrained list I think
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

The secret project . . .

Actually there's always a lot on my wishlist . . . I need more sample libraries, like StormDrum, but the prices are insane (especially now that I spent all my money). I wouldn't mind an external hd for more space. I need a graphics card upgrade. Black and White 2 just came out a few days ago. There are a bunch of books at the bookstore I'd like to get my hands on. I'd like to own the scores to everything Mozart, Beethoven, and many others composers wrote. I need more classical music. I wouldn't mind season tickets to the Kennedy Center. Man, I wish I had a car. An iPod would be nice. I would like a laptop. The latest video game consoles would be nice, especially that PSP. I'd like a violin. I'd love to have my own house. I'd love to own a castle in Ireland or Scotland. I would like to own Naxos, the CD company. I do want to produce some Broadway musicals, some major motion pictures (and score them too), and build a theme park.

That's really all for now.

Oh, pfft, how could I forget? I need the Amadeus DVD!!

But, because I am pure of heart, what I want most is to stop wanting everything I want.

But not yet . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

First and foremost: a grand entry into "semi-retirement"...if I can ever get my kid to make up his mind about school!

Next a midi setup (pickup & converter) for my electric bass and acoustic guitar...after that, a new DAW (current one starts showing its age with GPO upgrades and Ove4)...then JABB and GPOA.

Maybe a laptop with PCI soundcard and just GPO for doing sketches out by a campfire somewhere...

Oh yeah...no more !@&$#&^!! hurricanes!

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

The ability to snap my fingers and make peoples pants fall down.
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum