• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tom Hopkins you have GPO in Kontakt 2?

Share/Bookmark

Tom Hopkins you have GPO in Kontakt 2?

Tom,
    You stated that you have GPO working in Kontakt 2. You seem to be the only one. What is your secret? I'm completely updated. GPO works well with the Kontakt player, but I wanted to try some different verbs etc. I, and as far as I can tell everyone else gets pops and clicks with even one or two voices in the strings.
    Thanks for any light you can shine on this issue. There are a few over at the NI forum that are searching for answers. - Collin

Re: Tom Hopkins you have GPO in Kontakt 2?

I notice that you haven't had an answer yet. You might be better off posting this on the 'Support and Technical' section.I expect they're all busy trying to get out new products and demos.

Frank

Tom and Gary are at AES.
    Somewhere on this forum there is a large post where Tom explains how to get GPO to work in Kontakt 2.
    Just do a search.

JW.

It seems my problem was related to an eq that was being installed on the group insert. I deleted the eq and the pops were gone. I have a lot of gigs this weekend and have not had a chance to look deeper. I thought the processing in Kontakt was 32bit float I have a lot to learn about Kontakt and its gain structure. I'll try a search. (thats how I came up with his name in the first place).
    There has not been much response to my posts on this subject which leads me to believe not many people are doing this.
    I'm using overture4 which is not very flexable as far as effects go so I'm experimenting with ways to set up my sounds to see if I can avoid moving my parts and visti settings to a sequencer just to mess with verbs etc.

Don't go away Collin, someone here will definitely be able to help you soon.

Frank

An interesting discovery- I deleted the eq settings then re-entered them by hand- no pops. Thats odd.
    I repeated loading GPO file -pops-deleted eq (or bypass) no pops. Re-enter settings by hand-no pops.

Quote Originally Posted by Collin
    An interesting discovery- I deleted the eq settings then re-entered them by hand- no pops. Thats odd.
    I repeated loading GPO file -pops-deleted eq (or bypass) no pops. Re-enter settings by hand-no pops.
    Collin, that could be a very helpful observation to many.

Frank

Knowing them, they probably won't disclose any info about GPOA until like at least a month before it's released.
    Garam Heo, Contemporary Christian Artist
    Music produced by Christopher and Craig Reeves
    http://www.garamheo.com
    http://www.youtube.com/GaramHeoMusic
    SUBSCRIBE TODAY AND JOIN OUR MAILING LIST FOR A FREE MUSIC DOWNLOAD!

Collin,

I'll take a look at this when I get home. Frankly, I can't remember what I said about Kontakt 2 - could be old age setting in. I haven't had time in the last few months to spend more than a small amount in K2, so I could easily have missed some additional issues - including the ones you are experiencing.

Tom

Go Back to forum