• Register
  • Help

Topic: Notes dropping out with sibelius

Share/Bookmark

Notes dropping out with sibelius

First of all, let me say I am a total novice with this stuff. I am playing back a string quartet through GPO from Sibelius. When notes move quickly, as in say a run of 32nd notes, some are dropped. Similarly, when there is a quick, rhythmic figure, it gets rhythmically distorted. I don't recall this happening before the July upgrade, but maybe my memory is bad. Can anyone help me please?

Oh, forgot to mention, when i playback through my soundcard synth, everything is fine rhythmically.

Re: Notes dropping out with sibelius

rsratner, I'm sorry I can't help you with your problem in Sibelius, but this will serve as a bumper for someone who can... hang in there
    Dan

Offhand it sounds like processor problem. How fast is your CPU? How much memory do you have? If you post those, someone here may be able to determine if your system is up to the demands.

Hang in there- there are smarter people on the way to help

R. Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by rsratner
    First of all, let me say I am a total novice with this stuff. I am playing back a string quartet through GPO from Sibelius. When notes move quickly, as in say a run of 32nd notes, some are dropped. Similarly, when there is a quick, rhythmic figure, it gets rhythmically distorted. I don't recall this happening before the July upgrade, but maybe my memory is bad. Can anyone help me please?

Oh, forgot to mention, when i playback through my soundcard synth, everything is fine rhythmically.
    Go to Options/Audio and pull the Latency Slider to the far left.

Terry

Ok, it's either admit my ignorance or live with the issue, so I'll swallow hard and ask, how do I find Options? I have searched all over studio and whatever you call the non-studio portion of the program. Thanks.

Ok, it's either admit my ignorance or live with the issue, so I'll swallow hard and ask, how do I find Options? I have searched all over studio and whatever you call the non-studio portion of the program. Thanks.
    Sorry - you mentioned Sibelius and I was thinking of Sonar. (we call it a senior moment).

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    Offhand it sounds like processor problem. How fast is your CPU? How much memory do you have? If you post those, someone here may be able to determine if your system is up to the demands.

Hang in there- there are smarter people on the way to help

R. Pearl
    Sorry for late reply, I thought I was to be getting email notification when someone replied, but it didn't happen. Anyway, thanks for your reply. I have a pentium 3ghz prescott processor with 1 gb memory.

Another symptom of the problem -- I have just written a theme for 2 cellos. It utilizes a figure of 3 32nd notes in a row at quarter = 88. The first 32nd of each figure is almost always dropped through GPO, but when played through my soundcard (audigy) synth, sounds just fine.

Another symptom of the problem -- I have just written a theme for 2 cellos. It utilizes a figure of 3 32nd notes in a row at quarter = 88. The first 32nd of each figure is almost always dropped through GPO, but when played through my soundcard (audigy) synth, sounds just fine.
    If you could send me a line or so of score that contains the problem, I can work with it and see if I can duplicate the problem and discover a solution.

I have Sib 3.1.3 and Audigy 2 ZS. I can open Sib 4 with the demo version, but can't save, so Sib 3 or earlier, or mid would work well. I had a similar problem once with timpani, but I am not sure if it is related, so I would rather test it first to avoid confusing you.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Poolman
    (we call it a senior moment).

Terry
    I guess there is not quite such a disparity between our versions of English as I had thought!

Richard

Go Back to forum